Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

1 hour ago, nate said:

This link has a pic of 3 Ukraine players and text saying “Live in 5 hours time”. Does anyone know for def if it’s going to be up on YouTube? If it’s true they showed last week’s match on the same channel then it’s entirely poss. Would certainly save me a score or so in bev down at the Cairngorm hotel if it is

Donno mate, im just hoping what the original posters info was good.

Live in 3 hours now?? Which is confusing.

If it gets near kick off and its not changed ill start hunting for a stream.

I get why he’s dropped Armstrong and Christie tbh even though they haven’t done a great deal wrong. The players he’s selected seems to be more about ball retention to protect the centre of  defence which neither of them are renowned for and more likely to try a pass or shot too ambitious.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ukraine won the midfield in the summer and dominated.  We stop their midfield like last we then we stop them playing. 

Last week we had McGregor and McTominay with McGinn advanced and it worked well. I felt we could have kept that with Jack or McLean coming in for McTominay. Having both feels like it could be overkill to me and makes us less threatening.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Last week we had McGregor and McTominay with McGinn advanced and it worked well. I felt we could have kept that with Jack or McLean coming in for McTominay. Having both feels like it could be overkill to me and makes us less threatening.

True.  Fingers crossed it works though. Keep it tight and bring Armstrong Christie second half if need be. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

As others have said, it appears to be ball retention/protection in midfield, and I guess hit them on the break? 

Anyway, I'm still undecided by Porteous, but hopefully better than the last time a Scotland defender made his debut away to Ukraine (Neilson - IIRC was responsible for at least one goal!) 

Perhaps but the defence has been considerably weakened so the line in front of it makes sense!!!

I don’t think he’s playing for the draw as much as this is probably the strongest we have left. If Armstrong and Dykes were sick it’s possible they aren’t really fully ready for 90mins and it’s definitely possible that Christie can’t manage 3 games in a week - I’m kind of surprised that some of them can tbh.

He’ll want more protection for the defence, there’s no getting away from it being a bit weaker now.