Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

57 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

#Stats

5 live has him as one of those that might get MOTM.........Sportsound on the other hand were criticising him.😂 Richard "dick" Gordon talked about him "rolling around like a trapeze artist". He also said that if RP got MOTM that "Twitter will be on fire".

If I was advising this laddie I would tell him to leave the country. 

Absolute embarrassment these c***s.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Only thing with Gordon is at that age a drop off can happen  quickly. However, he keeps himself in great shape and is showing absolutely no signs of slowing down at all. He loves playing for Scotland as well, so can't see him retiring from international football as long as he's being picked. Can see him playing another 2/3 years.

Hearts signing Zander Clarke is also good for both Gordon and Scotland as they will definitely rest him at times especially with Hearts in Europe this season and in all probability next season too. I think Craig has targeted winning another cup with Hearts and the Euros with Scotland as his swansong and will be desperate to make it there. What a fitting end it would be. 

Edited by Hendricks

It was a tough old watch, suffered the whole way through but I couldn't not watch it. Really enjoyed seeing some of the SPL players holding their own and having Kingsley and Porteous as part of the same back4 was nice too. It'll be great to hear all the positive stories that will come out of this and everyone is excited again after hitting the skids in June. 

The big achievement for me by (dour faced messiah)SC is the way he's installed some national pride, all players are now desperate to play for the national team. In the past if foppy haired agent Kitchen had took out the majority of the team we would have had Crawford Baptie's maw filling in after 20 call offs but up steps guys like Porteous and Taylor who have been bench warmers at best, Clarke gives them the nod and they go "Let's fucking do this." When your playing so many games in such a short time frame to have a strong squad with nae greetin faced primadonnas and everyone pulling together must be that wee extra 5% that brings success, see Serbia and Ukraine for examples.

Steve Clarke is a top Manager - one whose ability warrants a Premiership job in England. Clubs like West Brom who stupidly dispensed with his services after doing a real turn for them missed a huge opportunity to let him build their club and stabilise themselves in the top league. The job he did at Killie was frankly incredible. We are very lucky to have him at the helm - his dour personality has unquestionably put some big suitors off but we are reaping the benefits under his brilliant leadership. 

Last night was a case in point - we were missing several really key players for such a crucial match but he set the team up brilliantly and the effort and commitment of the players was different class. As others have said Hickey is a remarkable young player, Hendry has been terrific and what about Porteous last night? I thought he was MOM and if he could leave the crazy stuff behind he will surely get his big move shortly. Our more experienced players really put in some shift to keep that coveted clean sheet and to win that Group after the Eire debacle was some achievement.

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

All that we've achieved in the last three games has been done without the player who everyone was building the Scotland team around last summer, Billy Gilmour, spending a second on the pitch. 

eh, weird point. We also achieved all this without Robertson who Clarke would never have left out.

Gilmour has hardly had a sniff of first team football lately. If he had, he would probably have played all three games as we are better with an inform/fit Gilmour. 

6 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Still amazes me that Scott McKenna turned into the player he is. He was awful for us. Albeit he was young and in a god awful team, but he seemed to come on very fast when he went back to Aberdeen, then got that move down south. Fair play.

28 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

eh, weird point. We also achieved all this without Robertson who Clarke would never have left out.

Gilmour has hardly had a sniff of first team football lately. If he had, he would probably have played all three games as we are better with an inform/fit Gilmour. 

My point was that, unlike Robertson, Billy Gilmour was fit, available and on the bench for all three matches. Who could have imagined last summer that that would happen? It wasn't intended to be the most earth shattering post ever, just an observation. 

Ryan Porteous will rightly get high praise for tonight but Jack Hendry is an utter ride. 
Think he's played in the last eight games for us, starting seven. There's no way I thought he had performances like this triple header in him.

Just now, kingjoey said:

My point was that, unlike Robertson, Billy Gilmour was fit, available and on the bench for all three matches. Who could have imagined last summer that that would happen? It wasn't intended to be the most earth shattering post ever, just an observation. 

Unlike Robertson tho gilmour hasn't been playing any first team football for a long time. So its understandable he wasn't used. Personally I would have brought him on in the last 2 games but im not seeing him in training.

Is he still a big part of our team going forward?

Yes of course he is, hes Gilly *ucking Bilmour