Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Hickey has blazed to the front imo. Superb to have 2 20/21 year old first pick EPL right backs battling for the jersey.
Longer term I can see Hickey playing central midfield. He's so assured on either foot.

Still a chance for Ramsay to kick on at Liverpool too. Spoiled.

This is becoming a team you can really buy into. They've looked great to watch at some points recently and just a right pain in the c**t to play against at others. A bit of everything you want.

Hickey looks like he could be an outstanding right back for us, for years to come. Hendry has really grown on me and Porteous did brilliantly tonight. For how isolated he was, Adams did well whenever called upon as well.

On Porteous, I suspect the massively over the top pile on he's been getting recently will soon be forgotten about. We'll see if fans across the country get themselves dutifully whipped up over the next character the weegie media tell them to get angry about, or if we'll ever learn our lesson on that one. 

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Remember when folk on here had written off Hickey 15 minutes into his debut 😂

If he was at Man Utd right now he'd be starting. He's headed right to the top. His father has done a fantastic job with his moves so far. Hearts was a good grounding, bologna a tremendous move as he was thrown straight in there and played 40 times in Serie A and then a really clever move to Brentford who are terrifically run and coached. His next move probably for 30-40 million will be to a huge football club. 

8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Hickey has blazed to the front imo. Superb to have 2 20/21 year old first pick EPL right backs battling for the jersey.
Longer term I can see Hickey playing central midfield. He's so assured on either foot.

He is always composed and finds some brilliant passes. It's good to watch.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Hendry has been superb this past 3 games as well. I am surprised Club Bruges let him go, apparently their fans weren’t happy about it either. Still he’s been superb.

He really has, im astonished at how good he has been tbh. He has a bit of everything, defensively great, an absolute unit who can run fast, and can even bring the ball out of defensive.

You look at him over the 3 games and he really wouldn't look out of place at a top club.

Just now, Gordopolis said:
Just now, Merkland Red said:
Still a chance for Ramsay to kick on at Liverpool too. Spoiled.

Ooft, of course! Is right back about to become the new left back?!?

I was trying to make a similar joke, along the lines of.

Ffs all we have is right backs.

But thought it might get taken seriously 🤣