Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

Porteous was immense there. That tackle at the end, ooft.

The first 20 minutes or so of the second half were a horrible watch with the total lack of composure in possession just inviting them onto us more and more, with them getting far too many opportunities out of our high line at the same time, but the subs really took the sting out of the game and we managed that very well.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Thats was a nervy last 94mins eh.

Were shaping up nicely now, centre backs and full backs. Real strength in depth.

Is hickey ahead of paterson now? For me yeah

Are the centre backs Hendry plus another, probably Mckenna. Porteous was immense as well, amazing first cap.

Aye this is my take too. I love Patterson, but it's Hickey's jersey to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fantastic Scotland.  

Playoff guaranteed, seeded pot 2, League A and a probable playoff for the World Cup.   That's negative though, lets now go and qualify properly. 

Hickey man of the match.  Boy is just outstanding.  Porto's a baller too.  Who woulda thought it. 

Great week for the national football team. 

Probable World Cup playoff? Ooooft, this is one of the best campaigns in my lifetime 

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Great result and some outstanding performances at the back.  Porteous and Hendry were superb, but Hickey played like he's got 100 caps, majestic

Hickey was tremendous, that tackle on him was horrible, jumped up and kept on pissing all over the guy.

Fantastic 

Just now, Donathan said:

Ukraine clearly just decided to play like Brazil that one night in June. They’ve been decidedly average in both games this week.

Is this the best international break of the Clarke era? Most other breaks we’ve had at least one disappointment 

We completely changed formation and tactics. We played far more positively.

Its as much to do with us improving as them getting worse.

Edited by BingMcCrosby