Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Surprised he’s went with Porteous over Gallagher myself but still the seething already on twitter is wonderful :lol: 

How many times over the week from the booing at Hampden to the Tierney not wearing armband to playing Ireland to now Porteous have Rangers fans smashed on the keyboard "Thats it, done with this country and national team"? :lol: 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

After all the chat, Porteous is either scoring the winner or getting sent off after 3 minutes. No inbetween. 

Very rarely gets sent off.

He wins the penalty to win the group then Aberdeen fans will probably combust. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

How many times over the week from the booing at Hampden to the Tierney not wearing armband to playing Ireland to now Porteous have Rangers fans smashed on the keyboard "Thats it, done with this country and national team"? :lol: 

Can’t wait for the reaction from the Rangers fans when they see Ryan Jack and Porteous celebrating together later :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Not sure who would have been Francey in 1961.

https://wiki.scotlandonair.com/wiki/David_Francey

Ah David Francey...

A BBC sound engineer I met a few years ago told me a story about Francey, commentating for BBC Radio Scotland on the Scotland v Czechoslavakia game at Hamden in 1977.

At one point Joe Jordan broke through the Czech defence and was one on one with their keeper.

Francey : " And Jordan's through now with just the keeper to beat. He must score. This is the moment for Jordan to take Scotland to Argentina....

"Oh Christ, he's hit the fucking bar"

According to the BBC engineer, Francey was aware that there was a 15 second delay before the commentary went out live. This would have allowed the producer to edit the comment out.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The defence was always going to make me wince but I'm not really getting that midfield 3. Very samey.

Ukraine won the midfield in the summer and dominated.  We stop their midfield like last we then we stop them playing.