Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

emoji31.png Just f**k off...

I think we can safely remove Tom f*cking Kitchin from the "C*nts you hate for no reason" thread emoji2959.png

Ryan Fraser actually had it, he was up sick during the night before the Ireland game. We’ve had a few more feeling a little bit under the weather but Lyndon Dykes and Stuart Armstrong didn’t train because they’d been sick quite late in the night. We gave them a bit of time to recover. One or two of the staff members haven’t been feeling too great so there seems to be a little bit of a virus in the camp. 

We’ve got to manage and monitor the situation. If it goes the same way as it did for Ryan it’s less than 24 hours and then they’re okay again. So fingers crossed nobody else picks it up.

Steve Clarke

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/steve-clarke-insists-scotland-guts-28087893

The way the media portray these things is extreme. It's not ideal preparation but while this is news to us it's clearly been an ongoing issue pre-Ireland that we have been managing.

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’m in nearby Warwick today and expect a similar problem

Will need to phone round a few of the local watering holes 

Aye it's a pain in the hoop. I'd also booked a table at a steak place that is supposed to be brilliant and was looking forward to it until I realised my schoolboy error and cancelled - on expenses too! Need to make do with the curry house Tom Cruise visited on Wednesday night instead. 

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Looking for a big favour if anyone could pm a (global)working link as I had real trouble finding one the other night(kept counting down from 30 then freezing on 1 second....c***s) I'm heading out the now and won't be in till kick off.

Even a working radio link would do if this premier sports channel is pure shan.

If Adams, Dykes, Armstrong, Taylor and Fraser all miss out through the bug and Hickey isn’t recovered from his injury it could be quite the banter XI

Gordon

Hendry-Gallagher-Kingsley

Ralston-Jack-McLean-McGregor-Doig

McGinn

Christie

Leaves only Porteous, McKay, a potentially half fit Gilmour and two goalkeepers for the bench 

I'm really struggling to see us having the oomph left to get a result here tonight. Too many players missing or carrying knocks or recovering from illness. We're away from home. Ukraine apparently rested their starting XI from the Hampden game when they played Armenia, so they'll be very fresh.

Heart says 1-1, us equalising late on.
Head says 3-0 Ukraine.

I'll be delighted and really impressed if I'm completely wrong with the latter.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

I'll be in Birmingham. Premier Sports doesn't really carry much in the way of football that will interest English pubs to pay the exhorbitant fees I don't think?

Might need to be the iPad in the hotel bar. FFS.

Wouldn't have though so, the Barclay and England games (the only fackin footbawl that matters maet) are on Sky, BT and ITV.

Can see us reverting back to 352 for this with the limitations in defence.  Reckon he'll go with:

Gordon

Hendry  Gallagher  Kingsley

Hickey                                              Taylor

Gilmour  McGinn  McGregor

Adams  Christie

It'll be a toss up of Adams/Dykes and Christie/Fraser.

41 minutes ago, QOSfan019 said:

Right anyone got score predictions I’m going 2-0 Ukraine sadly 

I'm going 2-0 aswell. Ukraine to score early. we'll huff and puff going for an equaliser and get caught on the break late on.

I normally go into games over confident/positive and end up massively deflated so hopefully the opposite tonight!!!

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

I'll be in Birmingham. Premier Sports doesn't really carry much in the way of football that will interest English pubs to pay the exhorbitant fees I don't think?

Might need to be the iPad in the hotel bar. FFS.

I was in Birmingham with work last month and I’m 90% sure Walkabout had Premier Sports mate - certainly worth going for a stroll after dinner to check, if you are staying centrally.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Just think this will be too big an ask for the the squad we've got left (whoever that may be). Middle to front should hopefully be fine if everyone's available, but I think they'll end being too restricted by what's behind them.

If we had a full squad I still think Clarke would be playing for a draw and setting us up to be hard to beat, rather than what we have seen the past two games. Comprehensive victory for Ukraine unfortunately. Far too many players missing and the regulars we have left will be absolutely fucked. 

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was in Birmingham with work last month and I’m 90% sure Walkabout had Premier Sports mate - certainly worth going for a stroll after dinner to check, if you are staying centrally.

Walkabout do have Premier Sports. Watched away game v Ireland in Glasgow Walkabout.

With no Barclays or England dross being on, surely it will be on.