Ukraine v Scotland (27/9/22)

accies1874

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Do you have to advance register a "squad" for internationals? Managers pick squads to give themselves a group to work with obviously and there's a requirement to name a squad for tournament finals. Genuinely not sure there is for qualifying matches. Clearly there are the practicalities of getting a valid passport and potentially a visa for the destination country in some cases (I assume we can move freely to Poland for work can we?).

I'd have thought if it took our fancy to fill out a squad there's nothing to prevent Stevie Clarke naming himself and Steven Naismith in the squad as long as he submits a teamline the designated 2 hours before kick off, or however long it is. Anyone know for sure?

Each match is treated individually as far as I can tell, but you need to get your matchday squad finalised and confirmed to UEFA by midnight of the day before:

"44.01

Each association must provide the UEFA administration with a list of 23 players (surnames, first names, club and date of birth) as well as the surnames, first names and date of birth of the head coach and assistant coach, mentioning their coaching qualifications. Three of these 23 players must be goalkeepers.

For the league phase and for play-out matches, the list of 23 players must be completed online by 24.00CET the day before the match. A signed copy of this list must be handed to the UEFA match delegate at the pre-match organisational meeting."

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Nations-League-2022/23/Article-43-Player-eligibility-Online

The list of 26 or so that comes out a week or two before the first game in a triple header is only so published so that fans / clubs / players know who's been called up.  Basically, if Shankland or whoever was called up today because Adams is shitting himself inside out, it seems we could get him into the squad for tomorrow (assuming of course travel is possible, which it surely would be).  

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Since 2000 alone:

2004 ECQ - Beaten in Lithuania and draw in Faroe Islands

2006 WCQ - We took a single point from two games against Belarus and failed to score against them. We also drew 1-1 in Moldova.

2008 ECQ - Lost in Georgia

2010 WCQ - Lost in Macedonia

2012 ECQ - Draw in Lithuania

2014 WCQ - Drew at home to Macedonia 

2016 ECQ - Beaten in Georgia again

2018 WCQ - Drew at home to Lithuania

2020 ECQ - Humped in Kazakhstan

The most recent campaign was the first one since the 2002 world cup qualifying that we didn't drop points against any minnows. Lithuania, Georgia and North Macedonia have been particularly tricky customers for us over the years.

I don't think the 6-0 against Holland belongs on this list. They were a very very good side.

Mate your still not getting it, its his personal feelings as to what was an embarrassing game. He can't be wrong.

There is no correct or incorrect answer.

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Am I right that this game is only on Premier Sports, which I don't have? Not even non-HD on ITV4 as apparently snooker is more important. Of course England's meaningless match tonight is free on Channel 4.

Yes.

4 hours ago, resk said:

The list of 26 or so that comes out a week or two before the first game in a triple header is only so published so that fans / clubs / players know who's been called up.  Basically, if Shankland or whoever was called up today because Adams is shitting himself inside out, it seems we could get him into the squad for tomorrow (assuming of course travel is possible, which it surely would be).  

Interesting.  Wonder why we all announce our squads then and give the game away.  If I had a key player - and the opposition would want to work on how to stop them - I'd announce that they were injured, not include them on my announced squad and then look at their faces when he swaggers down the tunnel.  I'd probably put on some triumphant music for effect.  

16 minutes ago, Donathan said:

No announcement on any replacements, so either one or both are expected to be available (Adams sounding more likely than Dykes) or it’s going to need to be a 4-6-0 or 5-5-0 

Che Adams did the press conference yesterday and said he was fine and ready to go so I'm happy to take his word for that. 

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Che Adams did the press conference yesterday and said he was fine and ready to go so I'm happy to take his word for that. 

Good news, I think this will be a game well suited to Adams, maybe us playing on the counter attack a bit. A downside to his game though is hold-up play, really just plays the channels a bit, but anyway him being fit is at least a good bit better than having him out.

8 hours ago, BazMac said:

Interesting.  Wonder why we all announce our squads then and give the game away.  If I had a key player - and the opposition would want to work on how to stop them - I'd announce that they were injured, not include them on my announced squad and then look at their faces when he swaggers down the tunnel.  I'd probably put on some triumphant music for effect.  

Hopefully exactly what Steve Clarke’s doing, and not anything more

19 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

emoji31.png Just f**k off...

I think we can safely remove Tom f*cking Kitchin from the "C*nts you hate for no reason" thread emoji2959.png

I think that they said this morning that Fraser was feeling unwell pre Ireland match, so it looks like there was a bug "in the camp" then but obviously we tried to keep it quiet.

On the Scran and Scallie thing, its now looking more likley that some Scotland players infected people there than the other way round !!

15 hours ago, jagfox said:

I found the 2-1 win over Lichtenstein extremely annoying and embarrassing even though we won and fought back. I left the pub just as we scored the winner heard the roars but didn't even turn back. 

Defeats and 0-0 vs Lithunaia were also filed in a similar category. Also the2-0 defeat in Georgia.

Last two probably down to missed opportunities more than anything else.

Despite being an absolutely atrocious game the #scenes in Hampden when we scored the winner against Lichtenstein were great.

I'll be in Birmingham. Premier Sports doesn't really carry much in the way of football that will interest English pubs to pay the exhorbitant fees I don't think?

Might need to be the iPad in the hotel bar. FFS.

28 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think that they said this morning that Fraser was feeling unwell pre Ireland match, so it looks like there was a bug "in the camp" then but obviously we tried to keep it quiet.

On the Scran and Scallie thing, its now looking more likley that some Scotland players infected people there than the other way round !!

Hi, Tom. 

36 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The wee fanny has deleted his tweet with a picture of the players in the restaurant with him. No smoke without fire!

41 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'll be in Birmingham. Premier Sports doesn't really carry much in the way of football that will interest English pubs to pay the exhorbitant fees I don't think?

Might need to be the iPad in the hotel bar. FFS.

I’m in nearby Warwick today and expect a similar problem

Will need to phone round a few of the local watering holes