Queens v Alloa

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I still think it's a bit early for wailing and gnashing of teeth, everyone's dropping points in this league.

But yes, surprising Connelly isn't featuring. We never know what's going on behind the scenes in these situations. WG isn't daft, if he's not playing Connelly then he has a reason which we don't know. Maybe LC's carrying a niggling injury. Maybe WG gave LC an earbashing after his daft red card, and maybe LC didn't take it well and gave WG some verbals back and this is WG showing LC who calls the shots. Maybe it's something else, only they will know. Hope they fix it soon.

No injury for Connelly as he played and scored in a reserve game midweek .

Maybe WG only plays yes men does not like a player with a opinion great to see Reilly giving back as much as he got from WG today 

Thanks for posting the highlights.

Compared to a few weeks ago, I think that there's a bit of progress but I can see why those at the game left feeling annoyed and frustrated.

If you split the team into four parts, then the progress I refer to is that I am am more confident with Fox in goals, and that the midfield is much improved, with Wilson having such a huge impact in all the games that he's been fit to take part.

The defence and forward line are still a work in progress, especially the centre backs. I like East but I think that he would be helped by playing beside a more aggressive partner. Up front is a dilemma, with Paton getting through a ton of work but not having the finishing touch. Reilly is more assured in front of goal but isn't getting into the positions or creating the chances for himself that Paton does.

So, progress but still much to do. Also, to add what everyone knows already, Gibson playing himself is a no brainer.

Gibson was the best player on the pitch, to run the show to that extent from a predominantly wide position was pretty impressive. Alloa were indeed over run for much of the game- Robertson spent too much time chasing shadows and Scougall flirted on the peripherals of the game all too often. I thought MacIver won some good balls in the first half but fell out of the game a bit til the end. Defence switched off for the goal but overall I thought Stanger was good and the goalkeeper clearly kept us in it with some fine saves. Great delivery from Church for the equaliser, and encouraging to see us be clinical by converting I guess the only real clear cut chance we created in the game.

Not a great day performance wise but very encouraging that we still came away with a result- Queens played well overall.

Only seen highlights but some good saves from Hogarth. Camera angle made it hard to see what happened for the goal after Rice said Hogarth was at fault. Looks like he half came for the ball then started back tracking?

Didn't look like Alloa offered much except for the goal so definitely a good point to come away with.

14 hours ago, Greenacres said:

No injury for Connelly as he played and scored in a reserve game midweek .

Maybe WG only plays yes men does not like a player with a opinion great to see Reilly giving back as much as he got from WG today 

The fact of the matter is that we just don't know, it's all speculation - only WG and LC will know what the real deal is.  All players have opinions, professional football players tend not to be shy at expressing their views and a big part of football management is how you deal with that and WG is still learning that skill ... do you think that big Jurgen and Pep get told what to do by their players?  I totally get that LC is probably our most talented player, but maybe WG also expects a better work rate out of possession?  But like I said above, we just don't know and we're guessing here - it could be something else entirely.

As others have said, that was an absolute theft of a point yesterday. To have played so poorly and get any sort of result made it feel like a win. 

Haven’t watched the highlights yet but felt at the time that Hogarth was badly at fault for the goal, getting himself in no man’s land. Hard to say he didn’t make up for it though, keeping us in the game in the second half. 

For Queen’s, thought Gibson ran the first half and Todd controlled the second but can understand the concern around finishing as it was a game that should have been comfortably out of sight. 

5 hours ago, Rory said:

Only seen highlights but some good saves from Hogarth. Camera angle made it hard to see what happened for the goal after Rice said Hogarth was at fault. Looks like he half came for the ball then started back tracking?

Didn't look like Alloa offered much except for the goal so definitely a good point to come away with.

Keeper was definitely at fault. He shouted for the ball then started to come for it but he was never getting close. If he doesn't shout the defender probably deals with it. 

This is the sort of 2 points dropped that bites you on the rear come the end of the season. 
Worst team we've played against and still somehow manage to find away to screw it up! 

FCE were miles worse than Alloa. I wasn't at the Peterhead game but I'd wager my house that they were far far worse than Alloa as well.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

FCE were miles worse than Alloa.

Definetely were a worse team than Alloa. According to the match report on the OS though we went into this game on the back of two hard games against FC Edinburgh, I must have missed those two hard games somehow 'cos the ones I watched were a doddle. 

Anyhow, yesterday's result was not really too much of a surprise, seen it too often before, miss a handful of good scoring chances and get hit by a sucker punch at the end. Paton getting a bit of stick for his missed chances but he'd still be one of the first on the team sheet for me. Wilson looked in a bit of trouble when he went down injured but glad to see he was able to carry on, runner up MoM after Wullie for me. A draw that maybe feels a bit like a defeat, earlier in the season it probably would have been a defeat but we have toughened up a wee bit now. 

I cant blame Queens fans for seeing us as one of the worst teams theyve faced- but interestingly enough FC Edinburgh are arguably the best we've faced this season based on that single performance against us anyway. The dust will probably settle in terms of a pecking order eventually- but looking at how tight it is between the top 5 its currently pretty difficult to predict a direction of travel for the league table. Even Peterhead- who looked like utter whipping boys when we played them about a month back- have picked up 4 points from their last two games.