Queens v Alloa

Happy days! Looks like we have struggled today going by the online stats so very happy with that equalizer.
Genuinely daylight robbery on Alloa's part. The goal was the only real threat they had all game. We had enough chances to win two games. But if you squander chances and don't concentrate at the back you get what you deserve. Alloa GK had a cracking game. Some cracking saves.

This overrated squad continues to find new ways to continually fail to deliver what matters most ……,…..WINS. To be fair I think most supporters are way past the point of wanting to hear how we were comfortably the better side and it was daylight robbery. Alloa didn’t turn up and could barely muster a shot at goal but yet again we find a way to get the worst possible result out of the situation. As the clock ticked on everybody knew what was coming - honestly this group are a real gang of under-achievers.

9 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

This overrated squad continues to find new ways to continually fail to deliver what matters most ……,…..WINS. To be fair I think most supporters are way past the point of wanting to hear how we were comfortably the better side and it was daylight robbery. Alloa didn’t turn up and could barely muster a shot at goal but yet again we find a way to get the worst possible result out of the situation. As the clock ticked on everybody knew what was coming - honestly this group are a real gang of under-achievers.

Spent the afternoon watching the scores come in on Sky TV. My reaction to the late equaliser was one of irritation, even resignation. Certainly not surprise. As you suggest we seem yet again to have found a way to scunner the fans.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

To contrive to not win that is some achievement.  We absolutely got on top as our pressing gave our midfield total control.  As dominant a display against Alloa as I've seen from us.  

Alloa offered nothing at all, and yet even had a sniff of winning it at the very end.  Paton's lousy finishing is a real issue.  It's as significant a problem as having a 'keeper who chucks them in.

It was indeed criminal that we didn't win that, but we committed the crimes ourselves.

Are they overrated or underachievers?

I didn't make the game today, so lack the first hand evidence.  Clearly an opportunity and two points lost.  However, I'm not too despondent - yes its a couple of points thrown away but from what I've heard today we appear to have dominated what was in terms of the table an apparently decent L1 side.  The side seems to be gelling a bit now and I'm hoping that the results will soon start to follow the performance - oh and good to see WG start today.

I guess I'm in "glass half full" mode tonight for some reason.  We're only now approaching the end of Q1 (still have to play Kelty) so there's still a long way to go this season.  It's also a league that is producing strange results - eg the draw Peterhead got at Dunfermline today, Kelty beating Airdrie and what appeared to be a poor FCE side winning at Montrose.  So I'd be cutting WG some slack just now and re-assess the position at the end of Q2.

16 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I didn't make the game today, so lack the first hand evidence.  Clearly an opportunity and two points lost.  However, I'm not too despondent - yes its a couple of points thrown away but from what I've heard today we appear to have dominated what was in terms of the table an apparently decent L1 side.  The side seems to be gelling a bit now and I'm hoping that the results will soon start to follow the performance - oh and good to see WG start today.

I guess I'm in "glass half full" mode tonight for some reason.  We're only now approaching the end of Q1 (still have to play Kelty) so there's still a long way to go this season.  It's also a league that is producing strange results - eg the draw Peterhead got at Dunfermline today, Kelty beating Airdrie and what appeared to be a poor FCE side winning at Montrose.  So I'd be cutting WG some slack just now and re-assess the position at the end of Q2.

Long way to go as you say but we can't wait to re-assess at the end of Q2 .

Results have not been good enough so far today was a good example this was a game we should have won but didn't why because of very poor finishing especially from Paton who is now starting to cost us points his open goal miss today his worse so far.

Ruth and our best attacking option  Connelly are on the bench not even used why ?

4 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Long way to go as you say but we can't wait to re-assess at the end of Q2 .

Results have not been good enough so far today was a good example this was a game we should have won but didn't why because of very poor finishing especially from Paton who is now starting to cost us points his open goal miss today his worse so far.

Ruth and our best attacking option  Connelly are on the bench not even used why ?

I still think it's a bit early for wailing and gnashing of teeth, everyone's dropping points in this league.

But yes, surprising Connelly isn't featuring. We never know what's going on behind the scenes in these situations. WG isn't daft, if he's not playing Connelly then he has a reason which we don't know. Maybe LC's carrying a niggling injury. Maybe WG gave LC an earbashing after his daft red card, and maybe LC didn't take it well and gave WG some verbals back and this is WG showing LC who calls the shots. Maybe it's something else, only they will know. Hope they fix it soon.

Just back home. First 10 minutes we did ok. Next 25 minutes or so Queens were well on top but didn't look too threatening, from then until the last 5 minutes of the match we were hanging on. To score an equaliser was an utter theft, albeit a very welcome one.

We've had a few games this season where our midfield hasn't worked very and we've been poor. In most of those games, however, we've been able to get the ball forward early and the front men have got us up the park. Today neither midfield or strikers were working and Queens utterly dominated. There was always a question mark over whether Cammy O'Donnell and Cawley would work as wing backs against the better teams in the league and today it really didn't work.

In the end it's a very welcome point but we really were poor for most of the game.

47 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

It was one of those that it's possible to take encouragement from, because we were the better side by miles.

However, had you been there, I think even your glass wouldn't have felt half full as you left the ground.  To hammer the opposition 1-1 just seems to expose flaws that we'll really need to start eliminating soon.

Awfully poor today and a draw was a theft of a point , Rice needs to stop playing Cawley at the back 

worrying that he still does not seem to know how to play the team , 

If QOTS could finish it would nave been 3 -0 

we looked like we had never played together at all at some points 

The manager has to take the brunt of any critiscism today we are better than that Sh*tshow 

Still its a point and we move on , QOTS players playing for time with 20 mins to go was poor stuff which backfired on them 

but they must be gutted .

Not at all surprised that Queens fans are pissed off with that, we should have been put away long before we had the chance to equalise.

It was a  chance that we never looked like creating either, our passing and control was completely off today. 

Such was the drudgery of the first 89 minutes, that felt like a win in the end.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was one of those that it's possible to take encouragement from, because we were the better side by miles.

However, had you been there, I think even your glass wouldn't have felt half full as you left the ground.  To hammer the opposition 1-1 just seems to expose flaws that we'll really need to start eliminating soon.

Yep, wasn't ideal, granted. However, if we'd been totally bossed by Alloa and lost I'd have been a lot more worried.