Queens v Alloa

Think this will be a step up from the Edinburgh games .

Alloa have good experience and a excellent manager.

We have to be at it again right from the start.

Wullie Gibson must play from the start we look a different team with him in it players go up another level 

6 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Think this will be a step up from the Edinburgh games .

No doubt about that @Greenacres.

I see on the Alloa thread that their side pressed Airdrie high up the park in Friday nights diddy cup tie and came away with a decent win. This is exactly what Queens have struggled to cope with so far this season - so next Saturday will indeed be a good guide as to whether Queens are finally starting to get their shit together or whether our last two wins were a flash-in-the-pan and just due to playing a below par FCE side.  All will be revealed ...

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

No doubt about that @Greenacres.

I see on the Alloa thread that their side pressed Airdrie high up the park in Friday nights diddy cup tie and came away with a decent win. This is exactly what Queens have struggled to cope with so far this season - so next Saturday will indeed be a good guide as to whether Queens are finally starting to get their shit together or whether our last two wins were a flash-in-the-pan and just due to playing a below par FCE side.  All will be revealed ...

Worry as well apparently Alloa are a big physical team something we can't deal with and  have won their last 4 games.

Hopefully we'll continue our winning streak. 

Our pressing games a lot better when Rodden's on the pitch, he's been a real find for us.

Barring any injuries, I don't think we'll change the team from last league game, but could see Rodden for Offord maybe, depending how tiring his international exploits were!

A difficult game regardless of Queens  poor start 

They seem to have got their act together and this will be a test of our good form

if we have a full compliment of defenders available then we may pull a win off 

but i am not so optomistic for this game  .

3 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Their's a preview of the game in this weeks episode of our podcast if you fancy a listen.

Alloa stuff first and then the preview for Saturday starts around 30 minutes in. Thanks to @19QOS19 for joining us to get a perspective from the Queen's side.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Good podcast, enjoyed that guys - and cheers to @19QOS19 for his input too! 👍

Saturday will be a tough test for Queens, no doubt.

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Good podcast, enjoyed that guys - and cheers to @19QOS19 for his input too! 👍

Saturday will be a tough test for Queens, no doubt. 

Potentially a tough test but the same was said before the FC Edinburgh game so impossible to predict how things will go in this division. I hope the players are more confident than some Queens fans appear to be. 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I hope the players are more confident than some Queens fans appear to be. 

Aye, and I hope so too!

Confidence grows with wins though - so far we've amassed a grand total of two wins from seven games, and those were against fairly poor Peterhead and FCE sides.  I'm really hoping that we can win again on Saturday as that would show decent progress against an Alloa side that have four wins on the board so far and are the highest scorers in the division.  Win on Saturday and we can start to build some momentum.  Like others have said ... hope the boss starts the game.

Their's a preview of the game in this weeks episode of our podcast if you fancy a listen.

Alloa stuff first and then the preview for Saturday starts around 30 minutes in. Thanks to [mention=12169]19QOS19[/mention] for joining us to get a perspective from the Queen's side.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com
Great podcast. Thank you.

Queens absolutely bossing it. Really should have had 2/3. The main positive is we have the lead. The negatives/nervy parts are that we are heading into the wind in the second half and Alloa can't possibly be as bad.

If we are continuing with the long ball I expect Ruth or Bange will feature at some point.