King of Vegetables

Gnash

I take it we're counting tomato as a fruit otherwise it's the clear winner.

I make a frightening amount of curries in a week so difficult not to have a top three of ginger, garlic and onion.

Courgette done on the barbecue is very nice but pretty much any veg for me.

Love peas and carrots raw.

Anything cooked still needs to have a bit of crunch.

Stitfry has to have baby corns and water chestnuts.

59 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm confused as to why we wouldn't count onions?  And more so why we wouldn't eat one! My uncle used to say if you rubbed one on your bald heid it would grow hair but I'm not sure this is a more common use for onion than eating.  Anyway, who wants a hairy onion? 

My grandpa used to tie an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Do we count onions? I mean you wouldn’t really eat one but they are a perfect ingredient in so many amazing dishes, from almost all cuisines.

If we aren’t counting onions I’d say my favourite is broccoli. Steamed and served with a little bit of butter, very nice. You can also roast it with some cashews and a sprinkle of Thai fish sauce, very nice.

Onions I'm with you, for a joke when I moved in with my now wife. She came back from the market with loads of veg. In the bag of goodies there was about 4 small onions. I proceed to eat them like apples, to her shock.  (what you do when in love)

Yer butter on broccoli is just sick, fish sauce for me 

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Potatoes, then asparagus, then carrots, then peas (but only if straight from the pod), then baked beans.

Peas straight from the pod are great in stiry-frys.  I think I'll pick some up to make a nice fragrant shrimp stir-fry for supper tonight

Garlic. Always garlic.

If we're talking onions, red onions are superior to brown. In a similar vein, purple brocoli is superior to the regular green.

Also, sweet peppers are better than regular peppers.

I feel that radishes are very underrated. Thinly sliced, they can be a fantastic addition to many dishes.

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Do we count onions? I mean you wouldn’t really eat one but they are a perfect ingredient in so many amazing dishes, from almost all cuisines.

If we aren’t counting onions I’d say my favourite is broccoli. Steamed and served with a little bit of butter, very nice. You can also roast it with some cashews and a sprinkle of Thai fish sauce, very nice.

We do count onions, and that is a good suggestion.  Broccoli likewise, although your last sentence is an abomination.

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I feel that radishes are very underrated. 

FFS. Utter horror show of a vegetable.

I’ll give sweet potato the nod. Discovered it via Peruvian food, a go-to ever since.

This is their breakfast roll, pan con chicharron.

69CD83BF-F001-4477-8C0F-1864BE569A0C.webp