King of Vegetables

Gnash

Never put Brussel sprouts in a stir-fry. I made that mistake as a student and could have solved the gas shortage.

The humble spud is the best vegetable- chips, potato and leek soup, baked potato, potato wedges, potato skins, new potatoes with mint sauce, mash, crisps, vodka...

Never been a Veggie guy until i came here.

Love it!

Favourite at the moment is broccoli, tomorrow will be something else.

Looking in the fridge It's baby corn.

Canny get enough to it (why I don't post on the confectionery,  muck thread)

You can't fight dogs on Mars bars.

Do we count onions? I mean you wouldn’t really eat one but they are a perfect ingredient in so many amazing dishes, from almost all cuisines.

If we aren’t counting onions I’d say my favourite is broccoli. Steamed and served with a little bit of butter, very nice. You can also roast it with some cashews and a sprinkle of Thai fish sauce, very nice.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Do we count onions? I mean you wouldn’t really eat one but they are a perfect ingredient in so many amazing dishes, from almost all cuisines.

If we aren’t counting onions I’d say my favourite is broccoli. Steamed and served with a little bit of butter, very nice. You can also roast it with some cashews and a sprinkle of Thai fish sauce, very nice.

I'm confused as to why we wouldn't count onions?  And more so why we wouldn't eat one! My uncle used to say if you rubbed one on your bald heid it would grow hair but I'm not sure this is a more common use for onion than eating.  Anyway, who wants a hairy onion?