Doig and Gallagher called up.

Hoose Rice

He’s done great has Stephen. I just felt that with the experience Declan has, he was the one I thought of. I also saw him play at the weekend and he did very, very well against Celtic. Declan with his experience just shaded Stephen but Stephen Kingsley, Barrie McKay, Lawrence Shankland, I’m watching them all the time. I know they are there.

I spoke way back at the beginning about he number of caps we had. I felt we weren’t experienced enough as a group. We had to learn, we had to keep picking similar squads and similar players to try to push the number of caps because the more you play at this level, the better it gets. It’s one of the reasons I brought in Declan Gallagher, because he’s had the experience of playing at this level and going away to difficult places like Serbia for example in the play-off final. So he understands that if we have to go away to Ukraine the importance of the game.

Steve Clarke

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/trio-of-hearts-stars-in-steve-clarkes-thoughts-as-scotland-boss-explains-stephen-kingsley-decision-3854696

I tried to bring in a young one in Josh, I’m trying to say to the younger ones that there is a pathway because I want to have younger players in the squad. I don’t want it to be that they all grow old together and then you throw it away and start again. I want to try to build that continuity where the next group – and maybe the next head coach – has a group of players with experience in and around the national squad.

He’s got a goal already, he’s got some starts. It’s great lifestyle experience for him as well as a great professional experience. This is the first time I’ve worked with Josh, and the first time I’ve met him today. He comes across as a very polite, impressionable young man. I was impressed. He did a little bit of training but we didn’t do much out there. He played 90 minutes yesterday anyway.

It’s nice to have him in the squad, it’s nice to meet different people and to know what their qualities are as people first and foremost.

Steve Clarke

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/steve-clarke-has-eye-on-future-with-call-up-for-ex-hibs-youngster-josh-doig-3854796

Sensible reasoning. Anyone with an issue with this is not looking at it with a fair mind.

On 23/09/2022 at 23:39, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Yeah, Gallagher will never go down as a Scotland legend, but he was hugely important in us making the Euros. No issue with his call up.

Doig has a good chance of being in squads for the next dozen or so years, no harm getting him involved, even if I wouldn't expect him to play.

That was then , this is now.

Dropping like

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

He could be the best player in the world and he still shouldn't have been capped

Ah, so you’re saying that he should have been disqualified due to his prison sentence?

You do realise than in our country, when you pay your debt to society, you get a second chance to prove yourself and become a good person? 

You are trying to push a disgusting cancel culture. 

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Ah, so you’re saying that he should have been disqualified due to his prison sentence?

You do realise than in our country, when you pay your debt to society, you get a second chance to prove yourself and become a good person? 

You are trying to push a disgusting cancel culture. 

Lol what.  Representing Scotland isn't some basic human right.  I'm not saying he should be banned from playing.

We should 100% not have picked him after his conviction, especially since he showed absolutely zero remorse about it.

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Lol what.  Representing Scotland isn't some basic human right.  I'm not saying he should be banned from playing.

We should 100% not have picked him after his conviction, especially since he showed absolutely zero remorse about it.

He’s repaid his debt to society so he gets picked to play on merit alone. Same as Martindale getting to be Livingston manager. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

He’s repaid his debt to society so he gets picked to play on merit alone. Same as Martindale getting to be Livingston manager. 

Not the same unless Martindale is ever touted to be Scotland manager in which case I'll be on exactly the same side of the argument