Doig and Gallagher called up.

Hoose Rice

I'm fine with this, no issue with the call ups. It might not be obvious on the surface but could be part of providing opposition in training or give us more cover if we want to use 3 central defenders. What we know is that Clarke wouldn't call players up unless he has reason to do so and that's enough for me.

Gallagher makes perfect sense as the sort of player you want to call up at short notice. He’s been in and around the squad before, knows the players and the management, and understands how Clarke likes to play.

A call up in the middle of an international break isn’t ideal for a first time international player.

I would think Andy Considine will be the next CB to get the call if we have any more injuries. 

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Gallagher makes perfect sense as the sort of player you want to call up at short notice. He’s been in and around the squad before, knows the players and the management, and understands how Clarke likes to play.

A call up in the middle of an international break isn’t ideal for a first time international player.

I would think Andy Considine will be the next CB to get the call if we have any more injuries. 

He was automatically retired from International football when he signed for St. Johnstone.

Considine himself was called up in the middle of a break for his debut. So too were Paul McGinn, Paul Hanlon and Tony Ralston in the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Can Kingsley play centre-back in a back four, or as the stopper in the middle of a three? I'd have doubts.

Yes to both. He's played centre-back in a 4 absolutely tons of times. He would also have been cover for left back as well rather than calling up two players tbh.

But he's not called up so fair enough.

Edited by Tony Wonder

It’s a travesty that Gallagher has ended up with more caps than Considine.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’s a travesty that Gallagher has ended up with more caps than Considine.

Considine’s contribution will be much more fondly remembered, though. In 25 years no one will remember who Declan Gallagher is, but the tartan army will still be belting out “Yes Sir, I can boogie” 

Considine’s contribution will be much more fondly remembered, though. In 25 years no one will remember who Declan Gallagher is, but the tartan army will still be belting out “Yes Sir, I can boogie” 

Sang after the game which Dec played the full 120 mins and Considine was an unused sub, yeah?
I think his performance against Mitrovic that night that led to us qualifying for our first tournament for a generation will be long remembered by most Scotland fans tbh.

29 minutes ago, Lex said:

Sang after the game which Dec played the full 120 mins and Considine was an unused sub, yeah?
I think his performance against Mitrovic that night that led to us qualifying for our first tournament for a generation will be long remembered by most Scotland fans tbh.

Wasn’t it Considine who started playing the song though? 

Gallagher has done a great job for us in the past. Doig getting called up just now is maybe a little bit of a surprise, as I’m not sure he’s played a lot in Serie A just yet, but was very decent for Hibs and was probably going to be called up at some point.  Not got a problem with either of these tbh.

Gallagher has done a great job for us in the past. Doig getting called up just now is maybe a little bit of a surprise, as I’m not sure he’s played a lot in Serie A just yet, but was very decent for Hibs and was probably going to be called up at some point.  Not got a problem with either of these tbh.

He's started two games and came on as a sub in two more. Scored the winner against Sampdoria.