Jump to content

Week 3


lichtie23
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly don't think Herbert is the issue here. The OL is inexcusably bad given the investment, and they've spent years assembling a corps of WR's where not a single one of them has a clue how to get an inch of separation on anyone besides Keenan Allen. The entire O has been absolute shit since the exact play Allen did his hammy.

He’s already banged up and going by the highlights is taking a battering tonight. The best thing to do is take him out and stop the risk of further damage’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Fairly deflating (not in the Patriots sense) win. Would almost rather lose and have Fields play well.

Ah well, Giants up next, another winnable game.

Some performance by the stand in running back. Montgomery might struggle to get in the starting XI when he is back from injury.

Edited by jagfox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly don't think Herbert is the issue here. The OL is inexcusably bad given the investment, and they've spent years assembling a corps of WR's where not a single one of them has a clue how to get an inch of separation on anyone besides Keenan Allen. The entire O has been absolute shit since the exact play Allen did his hammy.

The fact Joe Lombardi is a complete bum, who shouldn't be anywhere near a OC job, doesn't help either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Super_A said:

The fact Joe Lombardi is a complete bum, who shouldn't be anywhere near a OC job, doesn't help either.

He called the #4 O in the league last season even with a perpetual liability at RT and a pensioner starting at TE. RT is still clearly an issue, we miss Linsley in the run game, and missing Allen fundamentally holes the entire O. I'm not a huge fan of Lombardi, but he's not nearly as bad as our fans make out. Matt Feiler has fallen off a cliff for some reason. Was noticeable last week that they were leaving the rookie 1v1 with Chris Jones and doubling Feiler with the Center. That's baffling for a guy who has been a solid vet his entire career and was perfectly good last year.

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s already banged up and going by the highlights is taking a battering tonight. The best thing to do is take him out and stop the risk of further damage’

He's only really been hit once. He's used to running around even when he's 100% healthy because the OL is perpetually shit, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Edited by Boo Khaki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He called the #4 O in the league last season even with a perpetual liability at RT and a pensioner starting at TE. RT is still clearly an issue, we miss Linsley in the run game, and missing Allen fundamentally holes the entire O. I'm not a huge fan of Lombardi, but he's not nearly as bad as our fans make out. Matt Feiler has fallen off a cliff for some reason. Was noticeable last week that they were leaving the rookie 1v1 with Chris Jones and doubling Feiler with the Center. That's baffling for a guy who has been a solid vet his entire career and was perfectly good last year.

I disagree. The play calling for the most part is complete aids, he runs the offence like he still has shot to bits, noodle arm, Brees. Everything the Lions fans said about him is true. The only reason he has the job is because he was Staley's QB coach in college, he's to Staley what the old STC Stewart was to Lynn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Need the Jags to win, and I can go to bed after the Bucs v Packers, safe in the knowledge that the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all lost, so no matter what happens in the Denver v SF game, we’re not chasing shadows already in the AFC West. Will record our game. TV will be left on Challenge TV overnight… switch it on tomorrow and you’ll see a 1987 episode of ‘Wheel of Fortune’. No danger of learning any results….

I call it my ballgame breakfast. A benefit of being a retired auld duffer… record the late games, set alarm for 7.30am, get up, get a pot of coffee brewing, toast lightly buttered… 

Go Broncos. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...