Week 3

lichtie23

An AFC North battle to kick off week 3 as most people’s most hated team of 2022 the Cleveland Browns host bitter rival Pittsburgh Steelers in Ohio. A few other good looking matchups in week 3 include the Ravens going to New England and the improving Jaguars facing off against the Chargers. The game of the week though is definitely the Packers going to Tampa as Brady and Rodgers square off. 

TNF

Steelers @ Browns

SUNDAY

6PM

Bills @ Dolphins

Bengals @ Jets

Raiders @ Titans

Saints @ Panthers

Ravens @ Patriots

Lions @ Vikings

Eagles @ Commanders

Chiefs @ Colts

Texans @ Bears

9.05/25

Jaguars @ Chargers

Rams @ Cardinals

Packers @ Buccaneers

Falcons @ Seahawks

SNF

49ers @ Broncos

Bills - Dolphins and Bucs - Packers the featured games on Sky. 

The injury report for Buffalo was lengthy with 11 names on it yesterday, 8 on the defensive side of the ball, that should hopefully improve over the week. 

We've won the last 6 against the Dolphins with a couple of whoopings in there but Hill brings a totally different threat, can see him running lots of quick slants and picking up  yards after catch as that's what KC did with him against us rather than bomb it deep, Waddle is also excellent and speedy and Gesicki always seems to play like Gronk against us. 

If Davis is fit I'd still back us to score 30 against anyone but overall confidence come game time will depend on the fitness of the secondary and the interior DL. 

From a Chargers perspective I think a lot depends on how the injury list develops over the next few days. Despite outscoring both Oakland and KC our O has been a bit lacklustre overall so far. The running game hasn't really got going at all, and despite having a low sack percentage the pass pro hasn't been great either as Herbert is the second most pressured QB in the NFL over the first two weeks. There was a noticeable dip after Linsley and Pipkins left the game in KC as Lombardi has shortened the route depth to try and account for the lack of protection Herbert is getting, and that needs sorted out quickly as attacking the entire field is a big part of what has made this O tick the past couple of seasons. If the entire starting OL is good to go, Keenan Allen is back, and we can get the ball moving on the ground, then beating the Jags shouldn't be a problem, but if there are players missing and Jax can stop the run then I think LAC might run into a bit of trouble trying to protect an already injured Herbert.

P&B obviously can't contain its excitement for this one, eh?

I'm taking Pitt. Cleveland running game is still a ball ache to stop, but Brissett always has a boneheaded play in him and I don't think Pitt's 'QB crisis' is anything like as significant as the media are pretending.

Just a few years ago the Browns beating the Steelers would have been a truly eye opening result. Now it's not even slightly surprising.

On another topic, it's a bit of a quirk in the scheduling that the Saints' first three games are all against division rivals. I've never noticed that happening before?

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The Steelers look a mess. Their only positive is surely the rookie Pickens, he looks a great talent. 

I wouldn't describe them as a 'mess', they're just a bit deficient in talent all around. They left a few points on the field last night with the missed FG and Johnson dropping a perfectly thrown ball deep down the left sideline, and the score probably flattered Cleveland a little bit after the final TD came on a failed Keystone Kops play at the death. 

Pitt obviously misses Watt, and I think they have fundamental tackling issues to address on D, but if Pickett proves an upgrade on Trubisky and they have a decent off-season I see no reason why they couldn't be a playoff competitor next season. Right now they have the look of a 7-8 win team, and I think they can be depended on to at least fight the rest of the way because Tomlin wont accept lollygagging. By rights Baltimore should win that division, but I think it's tighter than it should be and Pitt is still capable of playing spoiler to the other three. If the Browns can stick within a game or two of Balt until December then once Watson is back I think they stand a genuine chance of winning the North. As I've said repeatedly, I think Cinci are a bit of a fake contender and being hugely overrated because of a freak AFC Championship win, but they could still factor into the Division race if Balt continues to sputter and the Browns drop games against the better teams.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

On another topic, it's a bit of a quirk in the scheduling that the Saints' first three games are all against division rivals. I've never noticed that happening before?

I don't know if that's something unique, but in the past few years the Chargers division games have come in clumps as well. I think the league feels that after the cut down to four team divisions the divisions are made more exciting by playing the head-to-heads in clumps. Usually we've had a spate of games in Sept or Oct, then the remaining 'return' fixtures in December.

Recorded the Browns - Steelers and watched this morning. Ended up enjoying it after a slow start. Hard to like the Browns now though, very hard. Can’t imagine what the media frenzy and attention on them will be like when Watson actually makes an appearance. Wonder how female Browns fans feel. Cannot imagine.

On 22/09/2022 at 10:32, Fuctifano said:

Bills - Dolphins and Bucs - Packers the featured games on Sky. 

The injury report for Buffalo was lengthy with 11 names on it yesterday, 8 on the defensive side of the ball, that should hopefully improve over the week. 

We've won the last 6 against the Dolphins with a couple of whoopings in there but Hill brings a totally different threat, can see him running lots of quick slants and picking up  yards after catch as that's what KC did with him against us rather than bomb it deep, Waddle is also excellent and speedy and Gesicki always seems to play like Gronk against us. 

If Davis is fit I'd still back us to score 30 against anyone but overall confidence come game time will depend on the fitness of the secondary and the interior DL. 

So about that injury report, that's at least 4 starters out on the D not including Tre White on IR. If Poyer gets ruled out on Sunday the entire starting secondary is gone. 

The over / under is 53 points for the game looks low. 

FdXKaMuXEAE_KDx.png

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Recorded the Browns - Steelers and watched this morning. Ended up enjoying it after a slow start. Hard to like the Browns now though, very hard. Can’t imagine what the media frenzy and attention on them will be like when Watson actually makes an appearance. Wonder how female Browns fans feel. Cannot imagine.

Probably pretty much the same as how a lot of female Raith fans would have felt back in January, but I suspect the Browns and the NFL have far greater means at their disposal to quash any real protest, and just shrug off the obvious questions it raises. 

I was quite surprised that when it was brought up last night Michaels and Herbstreit were comfortable going into specifics about what the league has dictated as conditions for Watson to continue to play. Obviously it's public domain for anyone who is interested, but I would have thought the league would have made that a complete no-go topic for national game coverage.

Think Pat McAfee lost a lot of money gambling on the spread thanks to that silly last gasp play in Cleveland last night :lol:

He's clearly pissed off, and it's clearly tongue in cheek but he's pretty much stating it as fact that the league deliberately fixes games to f**k over bettors :lol:

11 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

In a similar quirk, Baltimore's first 4 games this season have been / will be against the AFC East. 

Edited by Fuctifano

14 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

So about that injury report, that's at least 4 starters out on the D not including Tre White on IR. If Poyer gets ruled out on Sunday the entire starting secondary is gone. 

The over / under is 53 points for the game looks low. 

FdXKaMuXEAE_KDx.png

Yeah it was quite the brutal game on Monday night, not dirty imo just very tough.

Starting to get serious vibes that the Chargers will sit Herbert on sunday. They've been coy all along saying that he's day to day, that not throwing yesterday was planned, and that it will simply be a game time decision, but regardless of all that there's an underlying suspicion that it's just flannel and they have no plans to play him at all.

If it's Chase Daniel under Center, then irrespective of the rest of the injuries and who does/doesn't play I'd make the Jags heavy favourites.