Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton🔵⚪️

The cross that Lawless put in early first half for BBG to hit the bar was sublime. Had a good spell then Morton tried to close the game down with ridiculous time wasting in the first fifteen minutes. 

57 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I see a Stewart Macgregor was spotted in Corporate. 

However, I don't know if it was Ark Sport's Stewart Macgregor, Trust Whisperer Stewart Macgregor, Social Media novice Stewart Macgregor, or another Stewart Macgregor altogether...

Was there with Craigy the other “secret” member of the cartel that pretends to be fan ownership I saw. 

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

However, I don't know if it was Ark Sport's Stewart Macgregor, Trust Whisperer Stewart Macgregor, Social Media novice Stewart Macgregor, or another Stewart Macgregor altogether...

No it was just Thistle fan Stewart Macgregor..good to see him at the game.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Strange you couldn't tell them apart. Apparently they're completely separate people. 

31 minutes ago, Reid said:

Thought Morton were hopeless all over today but thought the keeper looked particularly shite. Is he not quite highly rated by Livi?

I thought the same. One of the more “notable” performances today was from Schwake, who imo looked miles out of his depth at this level. He flapped at just about every cross that came near him, and repeatedly parried saves into dangerous areas. While we were very comfortable today, it’s probably fair to assume that if Morton still had Jack Hamilton in goals today the scoreline wouldn’t have been as bad for them.

I get that Morton were missing key defenders, and are operating with a fairly weak squad in general, but I can’t remember the last time we were so comfortable in a league game at Firhill. Aside from Muirhead’s (admittedly very, very good) goal from the free kick, they offered absolutely nothing.

Its a weird feeling to come out of a 5-1 victory and think we didn’t play particularly great, but after the letdowns at home to Accies and Cove where we dropped points unnecessarily, I’ll definitely take it.

Schwake clearly had a bad day at the office but is far from our biggest problem right now. He's definitely a Championship standard goalkeeper - and Hamilton had a few similar horror shows among his very good overall turn for us last season. 

50 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I thought the same. One of the more “notable” performances today was from Schwake, who imo looked miles out of his depth at this level. He flapped at just about every cross that came near him, and repeatedly parried saves into dangerous areas. While we were very comfortable today, it’s probably fair to assume that if Morton still had Jack Hamilton in goals today the scoreline wouldn’t have been as bad for them.

I get that Morton were missing key defenders, and are operating with a fairly weak squad in general, but I can’t remember the last time we were so comfortable in a league game at Firhill. Aside from Muirhead’s (admittedly very, very good) goal from the free kick, they offered absolutely nothing.

Its a weird feeling to come out of a 5-1 victory and think we didn’t play particularly great, but after the letdowns at home to Accies and Cove where we dropped points unnecessarily, I’ll definitely take it.

Do you really not think we were just as comfortable vs Cove. That was the problem - it was too easy except we didn’t the chances we had, unlike today. I also think that we were even more comfortable vs ICT.

15 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Big lesson for Imrie there. He's a young manager who is inevitably going to make mistakes, and he's shown more than enough competence to have earned patience from the support to get the time to learn from them, but that was really exceptionally bad while everything he did made it worse.

. Again recruitment and subs changing games are things he did demonstrate competence at last season so he has earned patience to fix this, but with no loans added in the week and three defeats in a row with nine goals conceded he's got a massive job to turn this round, because another defeat on Tuesday has us in freefall.

I think yours and VT's comments make a decent summery for what went wrong yesterday.

Yes we had injury problems and suspensions but I didn't see tactical awareness to limit these deficiencies.  As PT supporters have said they weren't that great but didn't need to be, I am sure they can and do play better , lucky for us.

What I am unhappy about is DI strategy in dealing with the MCT management team and squad assembly. Was today another I need more money play, only four subs and while we have a few out on lone!

Going give Tuesday night a miss another poor tactical display and pitch showing will give great encouragement to other teams at the bottom of this league. Also I don't think it will help my mental health as we enter the winter period.

Hopefully, as has happened in the passed, I am  wrong again and pull off a shock result.    

Did we really give Robbie Muirhead enough grief while he was here to deserve that celebration for his goal?  Great hit, but seemed a bit needless, and ended up ageing poorly.  Although having said that, at least we don't get the fucking hands-across-the-divide non-celebration stuff against clubs players have driven past once.  

14 minutes ago, forameus said:

Did we really give Robbie Muirhead enough grief while he was here to deserve that celebration for his goal?  Great hit, but seemed a bit needless, and ended up ageing poorly.  Although having said that, at least we don't get the fucking hands-across-the-divide non-celebration stuff against clubs players have driven past once.  

I can't recall any ill feeling towards him during his spell with us and he had a great game in another 5 goal win down at Kilmarnock with another rasper and maybe another goal?

Maybe been some "banter" from the stands in last few games down the water?

f**k it, if he wants to give it large and then falls flat on his face come the end of the match I'm all for it!

Was a cracking strike tbf.

Edited by jagfox

At points in the second half I had to check Morton hadn't had a man sent off as we had so much time and space, they're not designed to play from behind, even time wasting at 2-1 down to try and keep the ball out of play as long as possible. If it hadn't been for a couple of timely interventions from strapp it could have been more, although the keeper sold the first two goals. Morton were somehow even worse than us at set pieces, Holt must have won about every first header from our free kicks and corners which led to one goal and an assist. 

I've said all season we'll give someone an absolute shagging if it clicks, I don't even think we played that well yesterday so it was good to run out comfortable winners especially after missing the penalty. 

Imrie's trousers though, fucking hell if we'd lost to a team managed by a guy wearing those... 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

I can't recall any ill feeling towards him during his spell with us and he had a great game in another 5 goal win down at Kilmarnock with another rasper and maybe another goal?

Maybe been some "banter" from the stands in last few games down the water?

f**k it, if he wants to give it large and then falls flat on his face come the end of the match I'm all for it!

Was a cracking strike tbf.

I said it at the time when we lost at Cappielow in March, but Muirhead’s antics that day were hilarious. You don’t get enough of it in football nowadays. It worked for him that day, blew up in his face yesterday.

That’s what football is all about.