Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton🔵⚪️

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

The Moton fans in corporate gave proceedings a wee bit of edge 👍

They had to ask the steward to let them get in early after it went 5-1 haha

Embarrassing day for Imrie. Having his team time waste after 5 minutes with the score at 0-0 against Thistle before getting an absolutely scudded and also having to cut about all day wearing those horrendous trousers.

Don’t think we played anywhere near our best and that was still a doddle. Thought Bannigan was absolutely brilliant again and deserved MOTM.

I don’t even think we played particularly well for huge portions of that game. Should have been at least 6 with the missed penalty, and we had a couple of other opportunities as well.

Kyle Turner was really good when he came on, Bannigan was outstanding. Tiffoney is clearly not fully fit, but good to get a half out of him. 

Morton look… not very good. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t even think we played particularly well for huge portions of that game. Should have been at least 6 with the missed penalty, and we had a couple of other opportunities as well.

Kyle Turner was really good when he came on, Bannigan was outstanding. Tiffoney is clearly not fully fit, but good to get a half out of him. 

Morton look… not very good. 

I said the same thing. I didn't think we played brilliantly. We've simply got better players.

7 minutes ago, Reid said:

Embarrassing day for Imrie. Having his team time waste after 5 minutes with the score at 0-0 against Thistle before getting an absolutely scudded and also having to cut about all day wearing those horrendous trousers.

Don’t think we played anywhere near our best and that was still a doddle. Thought Bannigan was absolutely brilliant again and deserved MOTM.

Agreed, Bannigan was terrific today. He has obviously realised it’s his testimonial year 😝

Great free kick from Robbie Muirhead with another unprovoked noise up celebration to fans who had never uttered a bad word about him before last match at Cappielow.

Hope you enjoyed your moment of glory Robbie. Enjoy your night. X

Nothing much more to say after today’s pleasing and clinical eviseration of a honking Morton . Imrie’s obvious time wasting tactics summed up by Strapp taking 10 mins to waddle over for a throw in …would have been quicker taking a number 60 bus .

Edited by I Clavdivs

9 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Nothing much more to say after today”s pleasing and clinical eviseration of a honking Morton . Imrie’s obvious time wasting tactics summed up by Strapp taking 10 mins to waddle over for a throw in …would have been quicker getting a number 60 bus .

Don't forget when someone went down with 'cramp' after 20 mins as well...

MOTM goes to Mick Lynch for ensuring that I didn't have to either pay or watch what was clearly an abject display.

To get a bit of a chasing at Firhill is not uncommon or unexpected right now, but the manner of that skelping is alarming. The problems have been there before though. Arbroath's dud forward line managed to sink us with our 'strongest' defence available a few weeks ago, so it's no surprise to see a weakened defence collapse in a much tougher test. 

It's far from an irretrievable situation for us but Imrie needs to be pragmatic and go back to the basics that worked when he took over. A back three with wing backs is still a better fit for the current squad rather than playing useless sand-dancer wingers like Kabia. Cameron Blues was, is and always will be a useless waste of skin who should be ghosting around a Berwick Rangers midfield like his masterclass when they got demolished out of the league by Cove. A 3-5-2/5-3-2 that actually presses the ball effectively again is the only way that this limited squad can compete - but it can actually compete if we do that, because the standard of the lower end of the division is pretty mediocre as well. 

I'd expect Partick to win this division given the weaknesses of the other potential contenders. 

Big lesson for Imrie there. He's a young manager who is inevitably going to make mistakes, and he's shown more than enough competence to have earned patience from the support to get the time to learn from them, but that was really exceptionally bad while everything he did made it worse.

In the context of the season the defending is getting worse as time goes on, in the context of the game the change of shape at half time made things considerably worse and turned it from heading for a comfortable defeat to the total pumping it became. Where we were shambolic defending cross balls in the first half, we were shambolic at absolutely everything in the second and every attack looked like it was going to lead to a goal as it was so, so easy to pass (or run in a straight line) through us and that could easily have ended up 7 or 8.

The subs were also baffling, obviously the game was already gone at 3-1 (arguably at 2-1) but in any context putting Hynes on before McGrattan and McGregor is weird. Putting Hynes on in place of Pignatiello to have Tiffoney running at him was always going to lead to at least one goal. That having just three players out led to a four man bench isn't really an excuse he can use either, because ultimately it's been his decisions which have led to that squad size. Again recruitment and subs changing games are things he did demonstrate competence at last season so he has earned patience to fix this, but with no loans added in the week and three defeats in a row with nine goals conceded he's got a massive job to turn this round, because another defeat on Tuesday has us in freefall.

We where shite up till Morton’s opener and I was worried as to how off it we looked but from the point of the goal onwards we completely dominated without even really playing our best. Morton where absolutely all over the place second half and 5-1 flattered them in the end. Deserved after time wasting for throws ins 5 minutes into the game, complete riddy. Turner, banzo, wee Stevie and milne where my stand outs. Special mention to that thistle reject muirhead for giving it the bigyin after his goal only to be absolutely spanked. An irrelevant player to us that I didn’t realise would have any reason to dislike us that much, hilarious though!