Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton🔵⚪️

A  must win  for the big team.

Seriously rhough from a Thistle perspective this looks like a similar match to the Hamilton and Cove games. 

One we should be winning if we are serious about maintaining a title challenge however Morton are in need of a positive result. 

If they have an capability at set pieces they will a threat on that alone.

Would love a win but could see it being a narrow win for either side.

1-1 probably.

Edited by jagfox

• jagfox changed the title to Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton🔵⚪️
  • 2 weeks later...

Wel,l after an apparently lacklustre shiteshow of a performance in the diddiest Cup last Friday provably back to a more recognised starting eleven for this match. 

I don't even know any of the other scores so no idea how Morton fared or lined up?

Really need to convert our chances and beat teams at home and stop shipping daft goals.

Morton should offer a bit more than Cove and Imrie will have his squad confident and up for this after a couple of good wins against us last season.

Can McCall do the same? I hope so but I'm not overly confident. A potentially intriguing contest awaits.

I think Morton fans will be in the North End of the JHS so at least they won't get pigeon shite in their Bovril.

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It would be nice if Ian McCall didn’t get tactically schooled by Dougie Imrie yet again here.

It would indeed. Tactics can only get you so far though, it depends on how the players implement them…….   Defensively we CAN be very competent, but we still need a good finisher and there’s little to indicate that we’ll be bringing one in.

As it stands right now I’d be reasonably happy with a point on Saturday.

7 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

...or we'd be looking to take three points again, like we have on the last two occasions we've played you. 

If you want to dip into the past, I vaguely remember a Tues night under the lights at Firhill, close to a capacity crowd & a single goal separated the inexperienced lads to the "more experienced " team fae Inverclyde  need I say anymore??