Motherwell vs Hearts 18/9/22

5 hours ago, Dosser2014 said:

Maybe. You won't if your players continue to show that attitude though. I thought that Hearts never needed to play out of 2nd gear. Granted your lads were tired after after a Baltic expedition, but if you'd cut out the time wasting and theatrics and gone for it it could have been really embarassing for us.

If Hearts win 3-0 away after every European away game, "theatrics" and all, I'll be quite happy. 

Getting battered while 2-0 and knackered is to be expected. The fact they withstood it - with more than a bit of luck, by the sounds of it - is pretty encouraging. I'll take that attitude - winning - every week.

Edited by Darren

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

If you finish third again the reason will be called Craig Gordon ;) 

So that very good player that err... plays for us. What if Boyle never failed in Saudi Arabia and came back with his tail between his legs? The gap was so big last season that it wouldn't have mattered who was in nets. Zander Clark would also be more than good enough this season. Motherwell had fewer shots on target than us anyway. Wonder what myths will help the Hibs bois sleep better when they see the quality of those two goals.

Hopefully Halkett is back after the break cause most of Motherwell's chances were from poor defending of cross balls.  

We definitely tired badly second half but the strength of the bench, even missing a few big players, was great and bodes well for the tough run we've got coming up

Just watched the highlights back and our second and third really are two good goals.

On reflection I think what's most pleasing about it is that that's the second win we've had after a European game this season, and despite not actually playing particularly well over either of those 90 minutes, we've scored three goals twice and won those games. Yesterday had a real feeling of 'just get this done and out of here', and I mean in the stands as well as on the pitch. Support felt a wee bit flat, and everyone I was with was just done in from Riga. The team were obviously tired in the second half. Despite this, we got away from a tough place where we have a shite record with a 3-0 win.

Neilson was talking during the week about building a sort of performance memory for the team to fall back on when we're struggling in the run of fixtures to come. Thinking of Sundays coming up at Killie, Aberdeen, and Ross County. These will be tough games, but with a striker (finally) who takes advantage of other teams' mistakes and other players to come off the bench and contribute / come back from injury, we look in a good place.

16 hours ago, Dosser2014 said:

Maybe. You won't if your players continue to show that attitude though. I thought that Hearts never needed to play out of 2nd gear. Granted your lads were tired after after a Baltic expedition, but if you'd cut out the time wasting and theatrics and gone for it it could have been really embarassing for us.

Look, we get carried away very easily when we win. Best to keep the scoreline down and manage expectations.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

18 hours ago, Dosser2014 said:

I heard 'well fans booing Cochrane for alleged time wasting only for him to be subbed due to a back injury.

I also heard 'well fans booing Gordon for alleged time wasting - tv coverage clearly shows Gordon limping before he makes the save.

16 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I heard 'well fans booing Cochrane for alleged time wasting only for him to be subbed due to a back injury.

I also heard 'well fans booing Gordon for alleged time wasting - tv coverage clearly shows Gordon limping before he makes the save.

Motherwell fans are among the league's top booooers though. And pointers.

That East Stand must be one of Scotland's angriest places, even when they're winning.

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Motherwell fans are among the league's top booooers though. And pointers.

That East Stand must be one of Scotland's angriest places, even when they're winning.

I disagree. Aberdeen fans are the most absolutely hard done by fans I've ever seen at Pittodrie if we're measuring on boos.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Hearts players need to take a leaf out of oor Rolando Aarons book. Just stop playing (even though the ball is 2ft away), walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel while the games is still going on. 

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

So that very good player that err... plays for us. What if Boyle never failed in Saudi Arabia and came back with his tail between his legs? The gap was so big last season that it wouldn't have mattered who was in nets. Zander Clark would also be more than good enough this season. Motherwell had fewer shots on target than us anyway. Wonder what myths will help the Hibs bois sleep better when they see the quality of those two goals.

Yes he is your player and he's the reason you may finish 3rd.  Zander Clark is pap.  Come off it Motherwell hit the woodwork three times and were all over you.  Good win regardless though. 

54 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes he is your player and he's the reason you may finish 3rd.  Zander Clark is pap.  Come off it Motherwell hit the woodwork three times and were all over you.  Good win regardless though. 

I suspect the reason that you're so touchy about our goalkeeper is that by and large, being crap is a pre-requisite for being a Hibs keeper (Marshall excepted)

18 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I suspect the reason that you're so touchy about our goalkeeper is that by and large, being crap is a pre-requisite for being a Hibs keeper (Marshall excepted)

I'm not touchy.  I'm massively complimenting Craig Gordon.  He's the difference between draws and wins a lot of games. 

On 18/09/2022 at 17:42, Gianfranco said:

Apparently Tierney’s shot in the first few minutes hit the outside of the post, so we hit the post 3 times, the bar once, had a marginal offside goal and Gordon made a couple of wonder saves. On another day we could have scored 3 ourselves.

What other day would 4 off target efforts, an offside goal and a great save equal scoring 3 goals? 

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Hearts players need to take a leaf out of oor Rolando Aarons book. Just stop playing (even though the ball is 2ft away), walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel while the games is still going on. 

I'm sure Hertz players will start doing this when everyone else does.

I think it used to be a booking offence to leave the pitch without the ref's permission - not sure if that's still the case.