Motherwell vs Hearts 18/9/22

Hearts looked decent last night. Could be cause for optimism after a difficult few weeks.

Hopefully we crush their rejuvenated spirits under the sheer weight of the Hammell Silk. 

What do you think will happen on Sunday?

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Don't forget the obligatory penalty to motherwell. Hopefully Van Veen will score this one.

My concern is that referees are only contracted to throw us one penalty each this season and when they start to get recycled we will have to score our own goals.  Who has the whistle for this one?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

My concern is that referees are only contracted to throw us one penalty each this season and when they start to get recycled we will have to score our own goals.  Who has the whistle for this one?

Nick Walsh has the honour of bestowing our weekly free hit from 12 yards upon us. Bonus point for him if he sends off an offending Hearts player in the incident leading to this decision.

2-0 home win following Hearts exertions last night. Moult and Van Veen (pen), obvs.

I didn’t catch any of Hearts’ game on Thursday but I hope they’re knackered after their trip to Riga. (Some group for away days btw!). Are Hearts still struggling with injuries too? 

Hopefully the week off has allowed us to get Moult, Aarons and McKinstry up to speed to play a part.
We’ve got a decent record at home against Hearts, and as Joe Efford let slip in his presser, ‘we actually have a plan now’ under Stevie Hammell. I still fancy Hearts for 3rd again this season so it’ll be a tough game regardless. Entertaining 2-2 draw. 

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

I ken Motherwell fans are heavily keen on the racism (irl, not on here) so I assume the silence tomorrow could be a decent bit of fun. 

Should I set my alarm or nah?

Absolutely staunch in our anti-Edinburger agenda

ETA : it’s a great day out at the festival in August.

Edited by ropy

We were decent the other night, I'm hoping Robbie doesn't make as many changes as he's tended to do after previous European games. Play as strong a team as possible and use the bench to freshen up as needed. Nice long break after this game as well so need for wholesale changes.

Won't be easy, but a win would see us in a decent position after what's been a tough period. 

I'll go for 2-1 Hearts, Snodgrass winner off the bench.