Week 2

lichtie23

Week 2 kicks off tonight with a very tasty looking AFC West matchup between the Chiefs and Chargers in K.C

TNF

Chargers @ Chiefs

Sunday - 6PM

Panthers @ Giants

Dolphins @ Ravens

Jets @ Browns

Commanders @ Lions

Colts @ Jaguars

Buccaneers @ Saints

Patriots @ Steelers

9.05/25PM

Falcons @ Rams

Seahawks @ 49ers

Bengals @ Cowboys

Texans @ Broncos

Cardinals @ Raiders

SNF

Bears @ Packers 

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Being a Denver fan you should be hoping for a Chargers win, since your own team rolls over every single time they face Mahomes

I know. I’m already clinging onto faint hopes of winning the AFC West after only one round of fixtures. The Chiefs hand Arizona a doing, while in Seattle, we give ourselves another doing. Playing catch up already… all I want now is that we aren’t completely up our own arses and blown out of it by the time Wembley comes around. 

The Chiefs own us. The results don’t lie.

It's pretty shocking actually how easy Mahomes has had it in the AFC West since he became a starter.

9-0 v's Denver

7-1 v's LV/Oakland

5-2 v's Chargers, although the Chargers are 3-5 v's KC in that time since he didn't play in the game at the end of 2020.

Herbert is 2-2 v's the Chiefs. That, combined with the fact the Chargers are the only AFC West team to be able to lay a glove on KC sums up, I think, the absolute importance of QB play in matchups likely to turn into offensive shootouts. Rivers and Herbert have been able to live with KC, Carr less so, and Denver's record speaks for itself.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's pretty shocking actually how easy Mahomes has had it in the AFC West since he became a starter.

9-0 v's Denver

7-1 v's LV/Oakland

5-2 v's Chargers, although the Chargers are 3-5 v's KC in that time since he didn't play in the game at the end of 2020.

Herbert is 2-2 v's the Chiefs. That, combined with the fact the Chargers are the only AFC West team to be able to lay a glove on KC sums up, I think, the absolute importance of QB play in matchups likely to turn into offensive shootouts. Rivers and Herbert have been able to live with KC, Carr less so, and Denver's record speaks for itself.

Can’t disagree with any of that. Watching Denver trying to get a result against KC now is akin to St Mirren trying to get a result at Ibrox or Celtic Park. 

As interesting as looking at match-ups of the unbeatens is, I think it's as much so looking at the head-to-heads of the 0-1 teams. As already mentioned, Dallas is looking at a tough stretch without Prescott, and you have to think Cinci will get back on track by beating them this weekend. The other really interesting game for me is AZ at LV. Both of those teams would have had ambitions of making the playoffs, and one of them is going to be 0-2 barring a tie on Sunday. That's a tough road back, especially when both play in divisions that are dogfights. It's normally ridiculous to talk about 'must win'  in September, but I think whoever comes out on the losing side in that matchup is a candidate to miss the playoffs altogether. The Raiders didn't look like a playoff team last Sunday, not because they lost, and not because they don't have any talent, they have plenty. The problem as I see it is they have a huge fundamental weakness on the right side of the OL, and something like that can hole the ship below the water so that no matter how talented they are elsewhere it's just too much to overcome. 2021 Chargers were similar.

7 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Not watch CFB i take it then ?

He's been on College Gameday and the Primetime Saturday night game commentator for years

Nope, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch college football.

KC leaving Kelce alone on Bosa :lol: 

The guy can't block for toffee. Totally uninterested.

1 minute ago, Super_A said:

Should be 10-0 minimum. The flag on the pick was bullshit.

Never seen a QB get away with Interceptions as much as Mahomes, whether its drops or dodgy flags, ridiculous.

Nah, if that's the other way around I'd have been screaming for a PI.

Bosa jumping offside on 3rd yet again, and the failure to convert two short 3rds are the reason the Chargers don't have a two or three score lead. It's all been pretty tranquil stuff so far, and if they hold KC to another 7 point half then there's no excuse for not coming away with the win.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Nah, if that's the other way around I'd have been screaming for a PI.

It's offensive PI if anything. Valdez-Scantling just runs into Callahan and throws him over. In no world is that or should it be a defensive penalty.

Fitz saying what I've always thought about KC. Every time we've played them over the past 5 years the O is entirely about Mahomes wriggling and squirming around while Hill run through the zone and eventually found a soft spot. Without Hill doing that everything else is much easier to defend. Keeping Mahomes in the pocket is crucial, because there's absolutely nothing to fear at the skill positions for KC.