November squad of friendly

Craigieboy86

3 minutes ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Southgate won't name Targett in England squad to Qatar World cup 2022

Cos he isn't good enough but that doesn't mean he wants to represent Scotland doesn't make him good enough for us either when we can pick Robertson Tierney and Hickey 

Targett has already skipped to play for England he clearly identified as English so justeave it at that he has made his bed so he should lie in it

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Cos he isn't good enough but that doesn't mean he wants to represent Scotland doesn't make him good enough for us either when we can pick Robertson Tierney and Hickey 

Targett has already skipped to play for England he clearly identified as English so justeave it at that he has made his bed so he should lie in it

Hickey injury

Tierney can play left side centreback than Targett can play winger back or left full back

Clarke backroom scout watch Targett

18 minutes ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Hickey injury

Tierney can play left side centreback than Targett can play winger back or left full back

Clarke backroom scout watch Targett

Targett doesn't want to play for Scotland though he has already left us so doubt Clarke will be sending anybody to watch him the only people getting watched are people who have lifted the phone to him telling them there commited to him and Scotland 

I seriously doubt that he gas had that conversation with him or the countless other English born players that you want to get capped

Gordon, Kelly, McLaughlin

Patterson, Ralston
Hendry, Porteous, Hanley, McKenna, Tierney
Robertson, Taylor

McTominay, Gilmour, McGinn, Ferguson, McLean

Armstrong, Christie, Fraser
Adams, Dykes, Shankland

Maybe one or two youngsters could be added but not much point in 25+ in the squad given there’s only one game.

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Gordon, Kelly, McLaughlin

Patterson, Ralston
Hendry, Porteous, Hanley, McKenna, Tierney
Robertson, Taylor

McTominay, Gilmour, McGinn, Ferguson, McLean

Armstrong, Christie, Fraser
Adams, Dykes, Shankland

Maybe one or two youngsters could be added but not much point in 25+ in the squad given there’s only one game.

This seems a bit more like it rather than players like Josh Campbell or Danny Armstrong, possibly a recall for McBurnie as he's in decent form this season. Not arsed one bit if he's not in it though. 

I’d have no issue with Targett becoming Scottish, one to piss off more bagpipe shaggers who still ‘can’t take’ to Che Adams and the likes. But also as he would clearly be another great back up to Robertson.

Imagine he’ll probably still fancy his chances with England at some point if Newcastle keep going on the upward trajectory.

Targett has started three EPL games this season, and none since September. He’d be a great option to have to battle it out with Taylor for third choice LB, but I’m not sure why he’s taking up so much of the debate. He’s certainly never going to be capped by England so I suppose it’s upto him if he wants to fight for a spot in the Scotland squad.

I’d expect the usual sort of squad, maybe with Elliot Anderson and Tommy Conway as the wildcards. I don’t see anyone else out there banging the door down. Possibly Shankland but we know he’ll never be good enough.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

Targett has started three EPL games this season, and none since September. He’d be a great option to have to battle it out with Taylor for third choice LB, but I’m not sure why he’s taking up so much of the debate. He’s certainly never going to be capped by England so I suppose it’s upto him if he wants to fight for a spot in the Scotland squad.

I’d expect the usual sort of squad, maybe with Elliot Anderson and Tommy Conway as the wildcards. I don’t see anyone else out there banging the door down. Possibly Shankland but we know he’ll never be good enough.

Conway Doig Anderson Ramsay are all in the u21 team

22 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Nothing stopping them being added to the senior squad. It’s happened before.

Correct but we need to win the u21 group as well we haven't been to a magor finals at that level in years and we need a goal scorer to get there and people to make chances and a solid defensive spine this group off players looks really good and has that really exited for them

Middle off the park young Lowry is a baller hopefully we got one or two physical ball winners in there beside him and we'll do really well I think

Edited by General dissaray

Correct but we need to win the u21 group as well we haven't been to a magor finals at that level in years and we need a goal scorer to get there and people to make chances and a solid defensive spine this group off players looks really good and has that really exited for them
Middle off the park young Lowry is a baller hopefully we got one or two physical ball winners in there beside him and we'll do really well I think

The next under 21 game is a friendly. They won’t have any competitive games until the end of next year as far as I’m aware.

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d have no issue with Targett becoming Scottish, one to piss off more bagpipe shaggers who still ‘can’t take’ to Che Adams and the likes. But also as he would clearly be another great back up to Robertson.

Imagine he’ll probably still fancy his chances with England at some point if Newcastle keep going on the upward trajectory.

Right.   And if he doesn’t want to, I won’t hold that against him at all.   I’m all for capping as many eligible players as possible.  I’m assuming he doesn’t want to, though, as he’d more likely have been called up by now if he had.

ETA: is anyone genuinely suggesting Daniel Armstrong?   

Edited by Savage Henry

It's a shame the game couldn't have been played maybe on Friday 18th to give a little more training time. The club season stops on Sunday 13th of November and given the travel time to and from Turkey and the fact that I'm sure the players will be keen to go away and do their own thing after an intense season to date. Hope it's not all a bit too rushed and low key. Fly out, play the game and everyone away back home to do their own thing.

This is the 10th Scotland game of 2022, so I think they're obliged to play it and I suppose that's the majority reason why we aren't seeing a 2nd friendly during this window because they don't have to. I would be amazed if they do extra team training and bonding after the friendly is over so it's not one I'm very excited about to be honest. 

Edited by 2426255

On 05/11/2022 at 13:23, 2426255 said:

Hope it's not all a bit too rushed and low key. Fly out, play the game and everyone away back home to do their own thing.

"We'll jump on the plane, we'll get over there, stay in a hotel, do our training, play the game and get out" - Steve Clarke

On 05/11/2022 at 13:23, 2426255 said:

This is the 10th Scotland game of 2022, so I think they're obliged to play it and I suppose that's the majority reason why we aren't seeing a 2nd friendly during this window because they don't have to. I would be amazed if they do extra team training and bonding after the friendly is over so it's not one I'm very excited about to be honest. 

"It’s a game that we had to play because we had to fulfil the 10 game contract but somehow it doesn’t become an official window" - Steve Clarke

If those quotes don't get you up for this game then I don't know what will.