November squad of friendly

Craigieboy86

They might be OK if they pick their overseas based players rather than the ones from the tiny clubs in Istanbul.
You actually might have reminded me that there was beef between St Johnstone and Galatasaray which is the reason for these "small" comments?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

They might be OK if they pick their overseas based players rather than the ones from the tiny clubs in Istanbul.

When the men were banned from the home game of one of the Istanbul clubs the women and children went instead.

The attendance was approx.  25,000 !

22 hours ago, accies1874 said:
22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You actually might have reminded me that there was beef between St Johnstone and Galatasaray which is the reason for these "small" comments?

Bingo. Galatasaray fans on twitter were incredibly easily wound up by "small club" comments. It's carried over from there. 

Local paper in Newcastle speculating that Anderson will be called up for the Turkey friendly.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/elliot-anderson-newcastle-united-scotland-25242753?fbclid=IwAR0rev0hAEIrv1buDPHXdDQIwo_LUCcnOo-sMhj3XWU7s7cSR9i2H9BKjHA

Newcastle United youngster Elliot Anderson could be in line for an international call-up next month.

The Toon youngster was wanted by Scotland for their UEFA Nations League games against Ukraine and the Republic of Ireland but after the Scottish Under-21s learned of a hamstring injury, Steve Clarke had to call off the chance of promoting him to the seniors. Anderson has previously represented England and Scotland at youth level but is yet to win a competitive cap with either but is now under serious consideration and has been monitored closely by Clarke and his scouts.

Scotland have looked at Anderson this season and feel he is getting closer to playing for Clarke's side at senior level. If Anderson remains fit he could be called up by Clarke for November's friendly game away to Turkey in Diyarbakır.

And while the Turkey game would not be classed as a competitive cap it would at least show Anderson that the Scots are serious ahead of next spring's European Championship qualifying series. Scotland already have at least a play-off place in the bag after winning their Nations League group.

Scotland see Anderson as part of the future and want to integrate the 19-year-old with England not calling him up for any of their age groups recently. But he may want to keep his options open not least with Gareth Southgate going to Qatar under fire and a new generation of players likely to be looked at after the World Cup if things don't particularly well.

The Scots feel that Anderson is nearing involvement on the bigger stage after Newcastle scrapped plans to send him out on loan this summer. A queue of clubs including Bristol Rovers, Sheff Wed and Luton wanted Anderson but he was kept on at Newcastle and has played in six first-team matches.

When commenting about the teenager, Howe said: "He’s going to be integral to our plans. You can see that when he’s come off the bench he has contributed. He’ll be desperate for that first start, he’s pushing. I’ve been delighted with the progress he’s made."

Steve Clarke on the friendly against Turkey.

It was important we didn’t go from September to March without a game. It’ll give me a chance to see them and I’ll pick as strong a squad as possible. We want to have a good chat with the lads, have a bit of a debrief on what we did the other week. We’ve obviously got two systems now we can go between, so November will be a worthwhile exercise.

Steve Clarke

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-relishing-erling-haaland-28192824

• 2 weeks later...

My guess:

Goalkeeper: Craig Gordon, Liam Kelly, Jon McLaughlin

Right Backs: Nathan Patterson, Anthony Ralston

Centre Backs: Jack Hendry, Scott McKenna, Grant Hanley, Liam Cooper, Ryan Porteous

Left Backs: Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney, Greg Taylor

Central Midfielders: Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson

Attacking Mids: John McGinn, Stuart Armstrong, Ryan Christie, Ryan Fraser, Allan Campbell, Barrie McKay

Forwards: Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Jacob Brown

We look a bit light in central midfield with no McGregor, Jack or McLean and Billy Gilmour not seeing much action. That could be one area of the pitch where a new cap gets brought in (anyone on the verges of the squad?)

I would guess the lineup will be:

Gordon

Ralston - Hendry - McKenna - Tierney

McTominay - Gilmour

Armstrong - McGinn - Christie

Adams

Trying to pre-empt the squad for Turkey away. As I mentioned elsewhere, this is likely to be a B international disguised as a full international.

I would say that the vast majority of EPL players will be glad of the break, perhaps some players recently back from injury might need a run out though. Celtic have their Australia tour, so imagine no Celtic players. Seems like a decent opportunity for some of the less established internationals to get a cap and experience a camp, possibly break in some U21s, and get a look generally at the second-string players that we might need to call upon should we be hampered with call-offs. There's probably a chance for slightly more established squad members to break though as leaders (McKenna was captain for our Mexico friendly I remember).

Not sure on squad size, I've gone with around 21, given its only 1 game. Also for the sake of ease, I'm going to ban any of the tired old suggestions (most specifically Ryan Gauld, for example, which is never happening)

If it really is a B type fixture, I’d have Johnston, Gauld, Lowry, Morgan, McKay, Ferguson, Doig, Ramsay, Burke, Anderson, Stewart and few youngers

Edited by Craigieboy86

My guess:

Goalkeeper: Z.Clark, Liam Kelly, McCrorie 

Right Backs: Nathan Patterson, Ramsay

Centre Backs: Jack Hendry, Scott McKenna, Lindsay, Hyam, McIntyre, Rose, Ryan Porteous

Left Backs:  Targett, Greg Taylor

Central Midfielders: Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson, McGinn, S.Armstrong

Attacking Mids: A.Forrest, J.Forrest Ryan Christie, D. Armstrong, J.Campbell, Anderson, Barrie McKay

Forwards: Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Conway, McBurnie, Shankland

Unless there is mass unavailability then I would be surprised if there is more than two or three new names in Clarkes squad.

I would expect Calvin Ramsay to probably be in and possibly the likes of Elliot Anderson and Tommy Conway but no other brand new names jump out to me that nay definitely be in initial sauad

16 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

My guess:

Goalkeeper: Z.Clark, Liam Kelly, McCrorie 

Right Backs: Nathan Patterson, Ramsay

Centre Backs: Jack Hendry, Scott McKenna, Lindsay, Hyam, McIntyre, Rose, Ryan Porteous

Left Backs:  Targett, Greg Taylor

Central Midfielders: Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson, McGinn, S.Armstrong

Attacking Mids: A.Forrest, J.Forrest Ryan Christie, D. Armstrong, J.Campbell, Anderson, Barrie McKay

Forwards: Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Conway, McBurnie, Shankland

Targett doesn't want to play for Scotland would be there now if he did

Who is J Campbell?