November squad of friendly

Craigieboy86

21 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

In return, I'll ask you: are you completely happy with the current management, selections and performances of our u19s and u21s?

I don't really follow the under age teams in any depth. I've been to one u-21's match in my life so I'm not in a position to make a strong judgement.

It can always be better and maybe the current setup could be improved without too much effort or cost. I understand there is a lot of disquiet around the way it is currently managed and around Gemmill.

I just wanted originally to point out that there is a well walked pathway from the u-21's to the seniors if you look at our most recent squads. I don't know what their (u-21 squad) overall objectives are though.

On 04/10/2022 at 13:39, Gordopolis said:

What more am I looking for? I want Stark, Gemmil and S'Bragia (just for old times sake) to be fired...

This! I can't believe this hasn't been looked at by the SFA (well i can actually!). We seem to have some serious talent coming through just now at some of the top clubs in world football and i just don't trust these dinosaurs to get the best out of them going forward. I've listened to few Kevin Thompson interviews recently and someone like him would be perfect in my opinion. Young, tactically aware, played at the highest level.

As for this potential friendly i agree with the majority that this isn't the time to start handing out caps willy nilly. However, if there was call offs/space opened up i'd love to see us give Elliot Anderson a phone. I've said it before but looks the real deal. Also, Tommy Conway would be another. It's not an area we are blessed in and hes another one that looks an exciting prospect

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
1 hour ago, Donathan said:
Anyone know why there’s a bunch of replies under the SFA tweet saying about Turkey being a very small country? 

Because some people don't have a f*cking clue?

They just think it is composed of the beaches

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
1 hour ago, Donathan said:
Anyone know why there’s a bunch of replies under the SFA tweet saying about Turkey being a very small country? 

Because some people don't have a f*cking clue?

Check the replies to this. It’s clearly an in joke.

We arent going to learn anything playing a friendly against a small nation. Didn't even think they had a football team. 

They might be OK if they pick their overseas based players rather than the ones from the tiny clubs in Istanbul.