euro 2024 seed stage group

Craigieboy86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Cyprus away game confirmed as being in Nicosia by UEFA.

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/match/2036383--cyprus-vs-scotland/

Almost 23k capacity so best of all the possible stadium options for tickets.

Georgia v Spain confirmed as being in Tbilisi which is welcome for those of us who have booked flights back from Tbilisi where it would be impossible to get back from Batumi in time to make them for our game there in November.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Georgia v Spain confirmed as being in Tbilisi which is welcome for those of us who have booked flights back from Tbilisi where it would be impossible to get back from Batumi in time to make them for our game there in November.

Would quite fancy this, but Nicosia seems like a pain in the arse to get to. Only direct flight seems to be from Edinburgh and it's to Paphos and it's quite steep or grab a flight to London then out, feels like a two day camel hike. 

Just now, thistledo said:

Would quite fancy this, but Nicosia seems like a pain in the arse to get to. Only direct flight seems to be from Edinburgh and it's to Paphos and it's quite steep or grab a flight to London then out, feels like a two day camel hike. 

If you can get anywhere in Cyprus there's a guy Davy who is organising buses from everywhere to Nicosia for the game, he done the same for the last time we played there.

Post is taken from this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TartanArmyGroup

I've got Norway, Spain, France and Georgia away all booked so might give this one a miss.

davybuses.jpg

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If you can get anywhere in Cyprus there's a guy Davy who is organising buses from everywhere to Nicosia for the game, he done the same for the last time we played there.

Post is taken from this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TartanArmyGroup

I've got Norway, Spain, France and Georgia away all booked so might give this one a miss.

davybuses.jpg

Nice one mate thank you. Jealous of your away activity, two young weans is limiting almost all of mine. I'm already in Spain when we're playing, hoping to get a ticket for that though. 

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Does Georgia v Spain being in Tbilisi make it more likely that our game will be there too? 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Does Georgia v Spain being in Tbilisi make it more likely that our game will be there too? 

It had been mentioned the Tbilisi stadium was having work done to it, the final of the upcoming u21 Euros is being held in the new stadium in Batumi and they've played the last couple of games in Batumi including the Norway game so while it's no guarantee it's just reassuring they haven't bombed out Tbilisi completely. The big game v Spain plus their record there v us should hopefully convince them to stay in Tbilisi purely for my selfish reasons of not having to pay to change a flight home.

• 5 weeks later...
On 09/10/2022 at 11:35, VictorOnopko said:

The hardest seeds and the goal-yeti.

Just as well we have the playoff spot in our back pocket as we're almost certainly going to need it.

Oh ye of little faith.

On 09/10/2022 at 11:35, GiGi said:

Fucking Wales. Luckiest c***s.

This ain't going so well for them 😂

Although to be fair, their Armenia game reminded me a bit of our loss to Kazakhstan where the opposition weren't great, but every crazy long shot they took flew in.

13 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Oh ye of little faith.

This ain't going so well for them 😂

Although to be fair, their Armenia game reminded me a bit of our loss to Kazakhstan where the opposition weren't great, but every crazy long shot they took flew in.

Still unlearning my Scottish pessimism as I was nervous about last night too. Absolutely delighted to be proved wrong by our superb team. 

On 16/10/2022 at 17:07, invergowrie arab said:

I don't see why you shouldn't get points for attending women's games. Would hopefully boost the attendances too.

I'm not a fan of a points based system full stop as it confuses disposal income and time with "loyalty" but there probably isn't a better system. 

On 02/11/2022 at 18:46, lubo_blaha said:

I’m a supporter of the women’s team but the vast majority of SSC members buy it for the men’s team’s games.

If they continued to give away free tickets for SSC members and offered a point for it then you would have thousands of seats claimed for a point but not used.

You don’t get many Scotland fans travelling to away women’s games and there isn’t a shortage of seats for home games so I don’t really see the need to include it in the membership (aside from the free tickets which is a nice perk).

On 02/11/2022 at 21:48, invergowrie arab said:

Because its incumbent upon the SFA to grow the women's game to the point where it has parity of esteem with the men's game.

It also makes financial sense for the SFA to develop a cost pressure into a revenue generator.

I'm assuming you already have to attend the game to get point given they get added after games and not at the point of sale but if that's not the case then all members have cards which could be scanned on entry.

It's not incumbent on those with no interest in it to attend it though? I couldn't give a monkey's relatively speaking about the women's game. Not particularly interested in it. I'd rather they won games than don't win them, it's Scotland after all, but I'll not be going to watch them any time soon, particularly as it's a minimum 160 mile round trip to do so. I'll be damned irritated if that in some way diminishes my loyalty points.

Not that it ultimately makes a lot of odds as I haven't been to an away game since 2001 anyway and I've no issue getting home tickets. When the kids are bigger and work pressures are less though I might restart subject to actually being able to get a ticket anywhere.