euro 2024 seed stage group

Craigieboy86

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m a supporter of the women’s team but the vast majority of SSC members buy it for the men’s team’s games.

If they continued to give away free tickets for SSC members and offered a point for it then you would have thousands of seats claimed for a point but not used.

You don’t get many Scotland fans travelling to away women’s games and there isn’t a shortage of seats for home games so I don’t really see the need to include it in the membership (aside from the free tickets which is a nice perk).

Because its incumbent upon the SFA to grow the women's game to the point where it has parity of esteem with the men's game.

It also makes financial sense for the SFA to develop a cost pressure into a revenue generator.

I'm assuming you already have to attend the game to get point given they get added after games and not at the point of sale but if that's not the case then all members have cards which could be scanned on entry.

Because its incumbent upon the SFA to grow the women's game to the point where it has parity of esteem with the men's game.
It also makes financial sense for the SFA to develop a cost pressure into a revenue generator.
I'm assuming you already have to attend the game to get point given they get added after games and not at the point of sale but if that's not the case then all members have cards which could be scanned on entry.

I totally agree on the first two sentences. In all honesty I’m not sure if you have to attend to gain the point, I had it in my head that people could “harvest” at home games like they can for away games but I could be wrong.

The points system is in place to allocate tickets to the Scotland men’s team and the majority have signed up on that assumption. Giving points for the women’s team games as well would shift the goalposts imo. The membership should absolutely be encouraged to attend the women’s games as well (as they currently are) but I don’t think forcing people to attend if they want to guarantee tickets for every men’s team game is the way to go, especially when it’s already a big financial and time commitment to follow Scotland and keep your points total up.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They have an electronic entry system, it's surely hardly beyond the realms of possibility to only give out the point if fans actually attend the women's game.

Could then see people going up to Hampden purely to "clock in" then make their excuses and head back down the road sadly.

I got somebody else points by using their ticket in Dublin. No system is solid.

I also disagree that someone with the time and means to go to Moldova, and contributing nothing to the SFA in the process, is a better fan and more deserving fan than someone who can afford to go once a year a Hampden but that's another issue.

I would make women's games a fiver for SSC members, free for kids, and start rewarding fans putting money over the gate at Hampden and supporting our National A Teams 

The number of people who go to the likes of Moldova and don't set foot in Hampden is minimal. We got the same argument when the SFA brought in points for home games and largely it's the same people getting away tickets that always got them bar a fair few who live abroad and used to do away games only.

When people buy away tickets for points with no intention of going they'll just do the same for women's games and if you base points on attendance rather than purchase it'll just skew the system in favour of people who live in the central belt and don't need to take annual leave or spend a fair bit of money on travel to and from Hampden. You essentially just shift the time and means argument from Chisinau to attending 5 or so extra games a year in Glasgow on midweek evenings.

Ultimately none of this really matters anyway as none of these changes are happening until January 2025 at the earliest now they've announced the renewals.

I got somebody else points by using their ticket in Dublin. No system is solid.
I also disagree that someone with the time and means to go to Moldova, and contributing nothing to the SFA in the process, is a better fan and more deserving fan than someone who can afford to go once a year a Hampden but that's another issue.
I would make women's games a fiver for SSC members, free for kids, and start rewarding fans putting money over the gate at Hampden and supporting our National A Teams 

Buying a ticket for Moldova away isn’t directly benefiting the SFA financially but gaining access to these tickets is the primary reason for thousands of people continually buying memberships at £40-50 a go.

They buy the membership to access men’s team away tickets so it’s only right that attendance at men’s team away games is the main factor taken into account when allocating these tickets, followed by attendance at men’s team home games. I don’t agree that attendance at other Scotland representative teams should be taken into account.

I get the point you’re making about being deemed a better or more deserving fan just because you can afford to attend more matches but that would only be exacerbated by having another 5-10 games a year with points available, if you take into account travel, accommodation and time off work etc for those who aren’t near Glasgow for games which are primarily midweek.

• 1 month later...

Luis Enrique has left the Spanish National Team.

The RFEF thanks Luis Enrique for his work in charge of the national team. The RFEF would like to thank Luis Enrique and his entire coaching staff at the helm of the absolute national team in recent years. The sports management of the RFEF has transferred to the president a report in which it is determined that a new project should start for the Spanish Soccer Team, with the aim of continuing with the growth achieved in recent years thanks to the work carried out by Luis Enrique and their collaborators.

Both the president, Luis Rubiales, and the sports director, José Francisco Molina, have transmitted the decision to the coach. The Asturian coach managed to give a new impetus to the national team since his arrival, in 2018, through a profound renovation that has consolidated a generational change in the team and in Spanish football. Luis Enrique qualified for two Final Four of the UEFA Nations League, of the three he played as coach; and reached the semifinals of Euro 2020 with his own stamp and through a defined style. He opted for young talent and has sown hope for the future of the Spanish team.

The RFEF energetically wishes Luis Enrique and his team the best of luck in their future professional projects. The coach earns the love and admiration of his collaborators in the national team and of the entire Federation, which will always be his home.

https://rfef.es/es/noticias/rfef-agradece-luis-enrique-su-trabajo

The Spanish under-21 manager Luis de la Fuente has been promoted to replace Luis Enrique. This introduces a degree of uncertainty ahead of Scotland's match with Spain on Mar-28.

The RFEF has chosen Luis de la Fuente as the new national coach. The sports director, José Francisco Molina, has transferred a report to the president, Luis Rubiales, in which he recommends the choice of the coach from La Rioja, up to now U-21 coach, to lead the new stage that begins after the World Cup in Qatar. Molina will present the report for his appointment next Monday, December 12, to the RFEF board of directors.

Luis de la Fuente (Haro, 1961) has managed successfully in the lower categories of the National Team since his arrival at the RFEF. In 2015, he was proclaimed European champion with the under-19 team. In 2018, he was a gold medalist at the Mediterranean Games with the under-18 team. Subsequently, in July 2018 he was named U-21 coach and a year later, in 2019, he was proclaimed European champion in Italy, winning the fifth win for Spain after beating Germany in the final (2-1). The coach is also an Olympic silver medalist at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Anecdotally, De la Fuente has to his credit a match for the National Team in June 2021 against Lithuania in Butarque at the gates of Euro 2020 when the national team was confined by Covid protocol. The new coach will make his debut in March in Germany's Euro 2024 qualifying phase and will direct their first two matches against Norway and Scotland. Once his appointment was ratified by the board of directors, Luis de la Fuente would be presented on Monday, December 12 at 12:30 p.m. in the Luis Aragonés room of the Ciudad del Fútbol.

https://rfef.es/es/noticias/luis-de-la-fuente--nuevo-seleccionador-nacional

On 09/12/2022 at 09:52, 2426255 said:

The Spanish under-21 manager Luis de la Fuente has been promoted to replace Luis Enrique. This introduces a degree of uncertainty ahead of Scotland's match with Spain on Mar-28.

https://rfef.es/es/noticias/luis-de-la-fuente--nuevo-seleccionador-nacional

A change of manager isn't an awful outcome for Scotland. The difficulty for Steve Clarke will be knowing how Spain will approach the game under the new manager as there will be little available information. Norway play them on the first matchday and then it will be a mad dash for the analysts after that. 

Just as well Steve Clarke didn't waste his time going to Qatar as I don't think a lot can be understood from Spain's tournament going into Euros qualifying.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:19, Loominous said:

A change of manager isn't an awful outcome for Scotland. The difficulty for Steve Clarke will be knowing how Spain will approach the game under the new manager as there will be little available information. Norway play them on the first matchday and then it will be a mad dash for the analysts after that. 

Just as well Steve Clarke didn't waste his time going to Qatar as I don't think a lot can be understood from Spain's tournament going into Euros qualifying.

Aye suppose. It's not like you could watch their u21 games or anything.

I could see them making one or two changes to their approach, maybe nothing so drastic as a move to the other end of the footballing spectrum. Their new coach was asked about changing Spain's style.

"There is a model, an idea, which is non-negotiable, but to which nuances must be incorporated to enrich it. We will try to grow and continue to improve. Football is constantly changing and we will try to cover our needs. The most important thing is being open to everything."

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2022/12/12/23505407/new-spain-boss-luis-de-la-fuente-talks-busquets-eric-garcia-gavi-pablo-torre