Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

I was inspired by this thread to look into the history of the Ryan Porteous phenomenon, since I really know very little about him.

Imagine my shock upon discovering that he's a proper Hibs ned in the mould of Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor and McCormack. Why can't they just behave themselves?

I also took control of the missus' mobile device to investigate his social media presence and do some quick Googling. My goodness, what a risible image this bam and his employers have constructed for him!

So, for all the mewling from the Hibs fans on here, we're dealing with a convicted thug who acts the hard-man on the park (and on social media), seemingly with the encouragement of his employers and approval of Hibs' neddy fans.

I'm afraid 'Porto' can have no complaints here. If he wants to fly under the radar he could maybe try avoiding attacking people on nights out, cut back on the hard-man act, and be less of a cheat.

Hopefully the papers take the international break as a chance to turn up the heat on this brainless ned.

18 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Porteous and Morelos are absolute box office and the league is significantly more enjoyable due to their participation 

Absolutely agree with this. We need the villains in football that we love to hate.

Former top referee Dermot Gallagher says St Mirren's Jonah Ayunga was 'doubly lucky' to score against Celtic on Sunday.

The ex Premier League referee also believes Liam Scales should have been sent off at Easter Road.

The 65-year-old also said that referee David Dickinson was right to award a penalty to Hibernian and to send off Aberdeen defender Liam Scales for a foul on Ryan Porteous following a controversial afternoon at Easter Road. He added: "That's the argument, when does push come to shove? But if you look, he holds him down. It's a massive risk to take. The angle there is what the referee sees, he pulls him down. So the referee thinks it's a yellow card offence in addition to the penalty. He's already had a yellow card so unfortunately he has to go.

Steve Clarke brands Ryan Porteous' reputation 'unfair' after weekend savaging as Hibs man nears Scotland debut.

STEVE Clarke has defended Ryan Porteous following his weekend mauling by Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin and revealed the Hibernian centre half is in line to make his Scotland debut in this international break. Goodwin singled out Porteous for scathing criticism after the Pittodrie club suffered a 3-1 defeat to Hibs in a cinch Premiership game at Easter Road on Saturday. He branded the defender “a cheat” after referee David Dickinson sent off Liam Scales following a tussle with the defender and awarded the home team penalty which Martin Boyle scored. But Clarke has stated the 23-year-old, who has become a hate figure with Rangers fans following a series of high-profile flashpoints in recent seasons, has an unfair reputation. “I am not aware of a media storm around him,” he said. “Ryan is fine. I spoke to him and he is fine, he is comfortable. I think we should protect all the players if we can. “Listen, once you are out there on the pitch you are there to be judged and some people will judge you the other way, “I will only judge Ryan by what he does for us, how he trains for us, how he works for us when he gets his chance to play. That’s how I will judge him. “I can’t comment on what other people think of Ryan Porteous. I think (he is tarnished) unfairly. “I have found him to be a very enthusiastic, polite young man who comes into the group, trains well, works well and is desperate to play for his country.”

See the source image

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 hour ago, pansjambo said:

So if Clarke doesn't see Porteous falling all over pitch clutching his head and feigning injury ,wtaf is he watching?

Is that similar to Craig Gordon going down pretending he's injured when Hearts are under pressure? 

On 20/09/2022 at 20:06, Empty It said:

Not as much a dive as a blatant foul by Porteous as he dragged Scales to the ground.

Hmm, that's debatable. I do agree it was a soft penalty but sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't (as witnessed by the two blatant pens we didn't get in the same match).  The point is Goodwin claims Porteous "dived". He didn't. And the pile-on is completely ridiculous.