Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

To be fair I've heard every one of those players called cheating b*****ds on numerous occasions. I personally don't think a manager should be calling someone a cheat no matter how raging they are.

I would say that all centre halves can be cheating b*****ds on occasion, and your last sentence is objective and reasonable imv.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

There’s pretty much 1 article per week of someone complaining about him in the media which is going to take its toll on a human being.

No one’s asking him for him to be loved by the media or even praised just bloody leave the boy alone eh?

He even had articles criticising him for being delighted at a red card v Motherwell last season. He is being targeted and will almost certainly leave Scotland because of it.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That's quite funny. I didn't think that was what Johnson meant by "good play" at all to be fair. I thought he was talking about having us under pressure for ages. Hope he gets banned though, the sick thug. 

He was clearly talking about the pressure leading to the corner, that article is another in the theme that @Les Cabbagementions above.

There is also some hysterical shite from Duncan Shearer, your keeper, the arseholes on Sportcene and Sportsound as well as your manager.

But, aye, its not a pile on....................

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I would say that all centre halves can be cheating b*****ds on occasion, and your last sentence is objective and reasonable imv.

He even had articles criticising him for being delighted at a red card v Motherwell last season. He is being targeted and will almost certainly leave Scotland because of it.

He was clearly talking about the pressure leading to the corner, that article is another in the theme that @Les Cabbagementions above.

There is also some hysterical shite from Duncan Shearer, your keeper, the arseholes on Sportcene and Sportsound as well as your manager.

But, aye, its not a pile on....................

It's totally a pile on. 

It's very sad. 

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Scales has to mark Porteous at the corner. Not sure how he does that without being close to him. He can do nothing about being fouled twice in the same incident. 

If Scales had gone down when Porteous pulls his shirt instead of grappling(and fouling him) the penalty wouldn't have been given. Naive defending. But you know that.

The Hibbies banging on about some kind of anti-Porteous agenda.

Ok, so, why?

Why him? I mean, honestly, most people outwith Hibs and Hearts supporters would struggle to name most Hibs players. Porteous isn't particularly famous. He's not really a big deal in the scheme of things.

So, why do you think he attracts attention?

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

It might, probably should, have been a second yellow card and marching orders for Stewart though.

I will be honest, I didnt even see this as being a particularly controversial or noteworthy moment.

Boyle is a fast player and gets tripped pretty much every match, and only a few of them are more than a free kick - it certainly wasnt even up for discussion post match in the pub.

I think there can be too much analysis and raking over incidents, and fucking VAR isnt going to help in a few months - not every challenge is a yellow and if we start sending players off for next to nothing it will kill the spectacle.

The abuse Porteous gets is disgraceful, disproportionate and hypocritical. Also, he didn't dive on Saturday! Nor has he ever won a penalty for diving. Yes, the penalty was debatable, but that was hardly his fault, was it? The whole thing around Porteous is getting seriously weird. Btw, he had a great game on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

The abuse Porteous gets is disgraceful, disproportionate and hypocritical. Also, he didn't dive on Saturday! Nor has he ever won a penalty for diving. Yes, the penalty was debatable, but that was hardly his fault, was it? The whole thing around Porteous is getting seriously weird. Btw, he had a great game on Saturday.

I'd like be first to welcome Mrs Porteous to the forum.

5 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

If Scales had gone down when Porteous pulls his shirt instead of grappling(and fouling him) the penalty wouldn't have been given. Naive defending. But you know that.

There was absolutely no foul by Scales. Porteous pulls Scales down by the neck after pulling his jersey to get in front of him. But you know that. 

2 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Not as much a dive as a blatant foul by Porteous as he dragged Scales to the ground.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The Hibbies banging on about some kind of anti-Porteous agenda.

Ok, so, why?

Why him? I mean, honestly, most people outwith Hibs and Hearts supporters would struggle to name most Hibs players. Porteous isn't particularly famous. He's not really a big deal in the scheme of things.

So, why do you think he attracts attention?

Because Rangers and Gerrard couldnt take it him winding them up.  

Boyce is more of a cheat than Porteous but he's shit and inoffensive. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Because Rangers and Gerrard couldnt take it him winding them up.  

Boyce is more of a cheat than Porteous but he's shit and inoffensive. 

😀

Anyway, nobody's bothered about 'Porto' in real life. He's small-time.

If they walked past him in the street, most people would just think 'There's that laddie from the 'Don't Be That Guy' advert'.

image.jpeg.097f3b82d11e34481895a3af38b19f90.jpeg

This narrative that Porteous is some kind of victim is weird. If Hibs have genuine concerns over his wellbeing, they probably shouldn't try to make him out as some kind of hard man. The clubs official social media outlets have posted photos of him standing and goading over two injured players his season like he's some kind of enforcer. He also posed with a painting of him laughing at an injured Morelos.

If there's concern for his mental health stop putting him in the spotlight in such a manner. As it happens I don't think there's any such concern, it's just a convenient out to defend him with. 

Whether he plays shite or plays a blinder, opposing fans will always love to hate Porteous. (as seen blatantly in this thread)

Still continues gets Scotland call ups though. :whistle

The last time Porteous was accused of "cheating" to win a pen, was against St Mirren last season and who was the manager for them? 

Spoiler

Hibs mercilessly troll Rangers star Goldson and ex-boss Gerrard with TWO  cheeky videos | The Scottish Sun