Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

2 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

OK, I accept he didn't sat specifically say Porteous dived. So I apologise unreservedly for that. But he did accuse him of cheating. And no matter what you think of the decision, he didn't cheat. And all this is missing the point, which of course I'm sure you know. Goodwin's comments were outrageous and he has rightly been charged. As regards the penalty decision, I thought it was a pen in real time (and I was right in front of it), but having seen it back I'd call it contentious (not soft). I can see why it was given, but I'd be annoyed had it been given against my team. But then I was annoyed about the other two decisions we didn't get which I'm sure we can all agree were definitely penalties. 

Step one of the softening of position that ultimately leads to:

Porteous is a cheating c**t.

I'm all for players/managers calling each other names. Forget SFA charges for that kind of thing, there should be more of it if anything. 

Where Goodwin has had a personal beamer is this chat about showing footage of Porteous winning penalties throughout his career. It seems like the young Ryan has melted Goodwin's brain into coming out with some instantly disprovable spraff. If Goodwin can pop in that DVD at SFA HQ, he should have his charge lifted straight away.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can’t believe he broke so easily. 

Didn’t soften my position, merely accepted I was factually incorrect when I quoted Goodwin, although I am fairly confident about what he was getting at. Just like you’re factually incorrect about Porteous’s three fouls. And the ref was also incorrect in not giving us at least two more pens on the day. Different incidents of course, but there you go. 

10 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Didn’t soften my position, merely accepted I was factually incorrect when I quoted Goodwin, although I am fairly confident about what he was getting at. Just like you’re factually incorrect about Porteous’s three fouls. And the ref was also incorrect in not giving us at least two more pens on the day. Different incidents of course, but there you go. 

I think you’ve quoted the wrong person. Despite the international break, I moved on from this incident a long time ago. 

That's certainly one way to look at it, although I've seen a few Dons fans say the Polvara one was more of a pen. Opinions, eh?
The penalty could as easily have been a fk the other way tbh, Scales was unlucky (although he would have remained on anyway had he not had a ridiculous challenge on Campbell 2 mins earlier).
On Goodwin and Roos, whatever we think of the pen incident (and I think my assessment is reasonable) it wasn't a dive.
Absolute embarrassment admitting trying to influence the ref pre match and then doubling down by calling Porto a cheat over a nothing incident.
Should get a 6 month touchline ban, that should take him to "mutually agreed departure" territory anyway [emoji23].

Moron