Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

22 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This thread is lovely. Aberdeen lose, their fans are beelin'. Hibs win, but their fans are probably even more beelin'.

More of this, please. More.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Porteous has the sheep and cardigan wearers on strings.

Delicious

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

The Edinburgh lads descended into stereotypical, completely braindead patter so I will leave you to it.  

46 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Anyway, nobody's bothered about 'Porto' in real life. He's small-time.

If they walked past him in the street, most people would just think 'There's that laddie from the 'Don't Be That Guy' advert'.

image.jpeg.097f3b82d11e34481895a3af38b19f90.jpeg

He's in the heid of Hearts Rangers and Aberdeen fans all over the shop.  Good job so far if you ask me.  

See his in the Scotland squad ahead of superstar Kingsley too.  Ouch. ;) 

42 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This thread is lovely. Aberdeen lose, their fans are beelin'. Hibs win, but their fans are probably even more beelin'.

More of this, please. More.

And the battle for 6th place has barely begun, wait until after the split.

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

And the battle for 6th place has barely begun, wait until after the split.

Big-spending Aberdeen for me. LJ's project might have Hibs in a single-figure league position next season though.

IF he can get them working on their core competencies where the rubber meets the road, his solutioneering will lead to empowerment of their key stakeholders and ultimately lead to them magic bulleting the issues and creating a can-do culture.

But for this year, they'll be shite.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Big-spending Aberdeen for me. LJ's project might have Hibs in a single-figure league position next season though.

IF he can get them working on their core competencies where the rubber meets the road, his solutioneering will lead to empowerment of their key stakeholders and ultimately lead to them magic bulleting the issues and creating a can-do culture.

But for this year, they'll be shite.

The only team from the Edinburgh sides to come anywhere close to a double figured league finish was in 2020 when your team finished bottom and got relegated again.  Aberdeen did finish 10th last season though. 

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Is that in the same way that Morelos has every non Rangers fan in the country on strings?

I was going to post something similar actually. Morelos gets torrents of abuse because of the type of character and player he is, and rightly so. But according to Hibs fans here, despite the type of character and player Porteous is, he shouldn't get torrents of abuse because he is young, Scottish and people should think of his mental health?

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was going to post something similar actually. Morelos gets torrents of abuse because of the type of character and player he is, and rightly so. But according to Hibs fans here, despite the type of character and player Porteous is, he shouldn't get torrents of abuse because he is young, Scottish and people should think of his mental health?

When Porteous was convicted of throwing that glass and hitting someone, he rightly got abuse for it. Anything Morelos and Porteous get that is as a result of something they do is fair game as far as I am concerned.

What we are discussing here is completely unwarranted abuse and a media pile on from Goodwin, his keeper, 2 ex refs, numerous ex players, some of the radio guys and Sportscene.

These people are calling him a cheat, some of whom are calling our manager a cheat for schooling him in this manner (its actually hilarious when you think about that one).

For an incident that could have been an Aberdeen fk, but which the english ref that does Sky (cannae remember his name) actually said was a penalty. It was a debatable decision and incident.

There is a world of difference, and conflating the situations is wildly inaccurate, have a word with yourself..............................

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

When Porteous was convicted of throwing that glass and hitting someone, he rightly got abuse for it. Anything Morelos and Porteous get that is as a result of something they do is fair game as far as I am concerned.

What we are discussing here is completely unwarranted abuse and a media pile on from Goodwin, his keeper, 2 ex refs, numerous ex players, some of the radio guys and Sportscene.

These people are calling him a cheat, some of whom are calling our manager a cheat for schooling him in this manner (its actually hilarious when you think about that one).

For an incident that could have been an Aberdeen fk, but which the english ref that does Sky (cannae remember his name) actually said was a penalty. It was a debatable decision and incident.

There is a world of difference, and conflating the situations is wildly inaccurate, have a word with yourself..............................

I was more referring to the claims that Porteous is always having articles written/comments made about him and the claim that he has sets of fans on strings, rather than this incident in isolation.

His reputation precedes him, as does Morelos'. If you have previous for being a dick, then you're going to get branded a dick and have people criticising you more often.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was more referring to the claims that Porteous is always having articles written/comments made about him and the claim that he has sets of fans on strings, rather than this incident in isolation.

His reputation precedes him, as does Morelos'. If you have previous for being a dick, then you're going to get branded a dick and have people criticising you more often.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF