Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

11 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Scales does what he was warned against by his manager and the referee, despite being warned about Porteous gives the penalty. 

Scales has to mark Porteous at the corner. Not sure how he does that without being close to him. He can do nothing about being fouled twice in the same incident. 

18 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Stewart could easily have been sent off for the foul on Boyle in the first half as he was through 1 on 1 if he hadn’t been brought down. 

A perfect example of someone who doesn't know the laws of the game, even if he was "through 1 on 1" it doesn't make it a red card.

It’s mental that when Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and players at the top level do this they’re clever and “know every trick in the book” according to the media.

Even on a smaller scale, Scott Brown was given this credit.

However when it’s a young Scottish defender that plays for Hibs it’s disgusting cheating and I’m not talking about the comments from Aberdeen fans in this thread, I mean in the media from people that have a responsibility.

If he played for the old firm he wouldn’t have to deal with any of this pish.

No one is claiming Porteous isn’t a player who kicks when the referee isn’t looking, wins fouls and uses his brain to get his team an advantage but in any other country or if he played for the old firm that would be viewed as a good thing.

And especially when Jim Goodwin himself was that exact type of player the comments he’s made are utterly laughable.

13 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s mental that when Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and players at the top level do this they’re clever and “know every trick in the book” according to the media.

Even on a smaller scale, Scott Brown was given this credit.

To be fair I've heard every one of those players called cheating b*****ds on numerous occasions. I personally don't think a manager should be calling someone a cheat no matter how raging they are.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

To be fair I've heard every one of those players called cheating b*****ds on numerous occasions. I personally don't think a manager should be calling someone a cheat no matter how raging they are.

Totally agree, the opinion pieces that appear in the media from journalists are absolutely ridiculous, regardless of what you think of him he’s a human being and a young one at that.

The way the media portray him is a disgrace and if I was him I would get my arse out of the UK and play somewhere that this won’t happen asap.

Will probably do his career the world of good too.

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean, even among the bias of football supporters "Why doesn't our player get complimented for cheating" is an absolute belter of a grievance.

Sergio Ramos is regularly complimented for how he tricks referees to improve his teams results, Scott Brown was for years, it’s simply that the big teams (Celtic and Rangers btw, not Aberdeen) don’t like it when it’s not one of their players that are doing it.

7 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Sergio Ramos is regularly complimented for how he tricks referees to improve his teams results, Scott Brown was for years, it’s simply that the big teams (Celtic and Rangers btw, not Aberdeen) don’t like it when it’s not one of their players that are doing it.

Vague grasping at straws here. Very old firm fan-esque whataboutery.

To be clear I'm not calling for Porteous to be punished or anything like that and already said that Goodwin was just deflecting a very poor performance.

54 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Totally agree, the opinion pieces that appear in the media from journalists are absolutely ridiculous, regardless of what you think of him he’s a human being and a young one at that.

The way the media portray him is a disgrace and if I was him I would get my arse out of the UK and play somewhere that this won’t happen asap.

Will probably do his career the world of good too.

I mean, you're going on like he's Princess Diana. Almost nobody in the UK gives Ryan Porteous a moment's thought in any given day and he could walk down almost any street in the country entirely unmolested. I think you're getting a wee bit carried away.

Edited by VincentGuerin

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, you're going on like he's Princess Diana. Almost nobody in the UK gives Ryan Porteous a moment's thought in any given day and he could walk down almost any street in the country entirely unmolested. I think you're getting a wee bit carried away.

There’s pretty much 1 article per week of someone complaining about him in the media which is going to take its toll on a human being.

No one’s asking him for him to be loved by the media or even praised just bloody leave the boy alone eh?

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

There’s pretty much 1 article per week of someone complaining about him in the media which is going to take its toll on a human being.

No one’s asking him for him to be loved by the media or even praised just bloody leave the boy alone eh?

Truly he is The People's Centre-Half.

image.jpeg.a80fe7a46819bb63be50024f05507a3b.jpeg

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Correct although wonder if there is pressure from the directors which has made him act like this. The amount of money Aberdeen have spent anything less than European place will be a failure. 

3 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

That's quite funny. I didn't think that was what Johnson meant by "good play" at all to be fair. I thought he was talking about having us under pressure for ages. Hope he gets banned though, the sick thug. 

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

:lol: