Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

Goodwin convinced himself that 3 5 2 was the best option at St Mirren, even though he didn’t have the players to execute it. We went on a long winless run before he was practically forced to change to a back four. A good run playing 4 2 3 1 and Jim jumped at the chance to join the Dons. Changing formations during a game, not very likely!

14 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Going down to 10 before half time and having the break to regroup and reorganise makes the second half performance a sacking offence. 

If it had happened in the second half and we had then gone to pieces, it would have been bad but understandable. The fact he had the break to rally the troops and sent out what appeared to be strangers who got a "playing  football experience" voucher for Christmas was fucking outrageous.

Take nothing away from Hibs (sorry this phrase is mandatory in football) but they are rank. And we let them waltz through us, and when a long pass wasn't on to clear the lines we just fucking gave them it to them on the half way anyway. Mental. 

If hibs weren't also atrocious that would have been double figures. 

That being said I did have a fairly decent lunch and as it turns out, a helpful quanity of well served liquid anaesthetic from some of the myriad of hospitality options Edinburgh has to offer. So well done for that. But objectively Hibs embarrassed themselves today by not making what wad a bad day out for us into an era defining humiliation that would be talked about for decades. It really was that bad. 

Hmmmmm

Apart from being a goal down, we were comfortably on top of the first half even before the sending off.

If my opinion doesnt mean anything, Livescore stats tell us that in the first half - we had the bulk of possession, 7 shots to Aberdeens 1 (the goal !), 6 corners to your 2, in fact the only metric you were winning was Fouls committed.

Scales was sent off on the 44th minute.

Its unsurprising that all of the stats were even more in our favour in the 2nd half, but its more than disingenuous to suggest that Hibs were "Rank" or "Atrocious" - as for embarrasing that is a word I would reserve for JG post match comments tbqhwy.

14 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I haven't seen the penalty back so can't really comment on it, but I always felt nervous that the referee was going to give a big decision against us after the McCrorie 'handball'.

Sportscene spent time analysing the penalty that we were awarded, and didnt even mention this one, which - for me - was a straightforward handball and penalty.

You might be right about the ref looking to correct his error.

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hmmmmm

Apart from being a goal down, we were comfortably on top of the first half even before the sending off.

If my opinion doesnt mean anything, Livescore stats tell us that in the first half - we had the bulk of possession, 7 shots to Aberdeens 1 (the goal !), 6 corners to your 2, in fact the only metric you were winning was Fouls committed.

Scales was sent off on the 44th minute.

Its unsurprising that all of the stats were even more in our favour in the 2nd half, but its more than disingenuous to suggest that Hibs were "Rank" or "Atrocious" - as for embarrasing that is a word I would reserve for JG post match comments tbqhwy.

Sportscene spent time analysing the penalty that we were awarded, and didnt even mention this one, which - for me - was a straightforward handball and penalty.

You might be right about the ref looking to correct his error.

Hibs were comfortable with the ball because our tactics involved you having it while we stood behind the ball.

Strange tactics from Goodwin.

Hibs first pen shout, I'd be claiming if it was us but I wouldn't feel hard done by if we weren't awarded the pen. The Polvara one was a definite pen though.

Porteous put his arm round the boy then flung himself to the ground. The fact that it also resulted in a second yellow just compounded the cheating. 

Did he not have a fairly blatant and outrageous dive in the recent derby?

Either way he’s justifiably developed a bit of a reputation for himself. 

Add to the fact he’s bang average and seems like a w**k we definitely have a contender to replace Scott Brown/Murray Davidson/Allan McGregor.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

Your teams been pumped but all you can come up with is to repeat, several times, how shite you thought the team that dished out the pumping were :lol: 

I’d be raging with the manager if I was an Aberdeen fan. Atrocious performance that he’s tried to mask with a ludicrous post match interview.

Edited by Zing.

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Your teams been pumped but all you can come up with is to repeat, several times, how shite you thought the team that dished out the pumping were :lol:

To be fair, this has been Hibs fans standard derby response for about forty years.

Think this goes down as a good day for Hearts. Both these sides remain entirely unconvincing and their wins all come with heavy caveats so far this season.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I’d be raging with the manager if I was an Aberdeen fan. Atrocious performance that he’s tried to mask with a ludicrous post match interview.

He cant handle the pressure, the one on Red TV is even more bitter - as well as calling him a cheat, he says that RP has "made a career out of winning penalties"................I cant remember more than a couple including yesterday.

RP is so embedded in this guys head that he even had a chat with the ref pre match about him 😁

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

🤣

That's all we heard from Hibs fans in the McInnes days.

16 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Going down to 10 before half time and having the break to regroup and reorganise makes the second half performance a sacking offence. 

If it had happened in the second half and we had then gone to pieces, it would have been bad but understandable. The fact he had the break to rally the troops and sent out what appeared to be strangers who got a "playing  football experience" voucher for Christmas was fucking outrageous.

Take nothing away from Hibs (sorry this phrase is mandatory in football) but they are rank. And we let them waltz through us, and when a long pass wasn't on to clear the lines we just fucking gave them it to them on the half way anyway. Mental. 

If hibs weren't also atrocious that would have been double figures. 

That being said I did have a fairly decent lunch and as it turns out, a helpful quanity of well served liquid anaesthetic from some of the myriad of hospitality options Edinburgh has to offer. So well done for that. But objectively Hibs embarrassed themselves today by not making what wad a bad day out for us into an era defining humiliation that would be talked about for decades. It really was that bad. 

Haha. These are 100% my favourite type of posts after a defeat.

Dry your eyes, clown.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lots of noise but strangely enough all of the following can be true: Aberdeen were shite, hibs deserved to win, Goodwin made a c**t of it during and after the match, porteous bought a pen, it was a massive moment in the game and hibs really aren’t very good. 

This. Close thread.