Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

Going down to 10 before half time and having the break to regroup and reorganise makes the second half performance a sacking offence. 

If it had happened in the second half and we had then gone to pieces, it would have been bad but understandable. The fact he had the break to rally the troops and sent out what appeared to be strangers who got a "playing  football experience" voucher for Christmas was fucking outrageous.

Take nothing away from Hibs (sorry this phrase is mandatory in football) but they are rank. And we let them waltz through us, and when a long pass wasn't on to clear the lines we just fucking gave them it to them on the half way anyway. Mental. 

If hibs weren't also atrocious that would have been double figures. 

That being said I did have a fairly decent lunch and as it turns out, a helpful quanity of well served liquid anaesthetic from some of the myriad of hospitality options Edinburgh has to offer. So well done for that. But objectively Hibs embarrassed themselves today by not making what wad a bad day out for us into an era defining humiliation that would be talked about for decades. It really was that bad. 

What did brown say? 

Craig Brown was blethering on about how the Aberdeen fans should stay and support the team until the final whistle. He was also 3 dreams deep in an Inception like alternate world where Aberdeen were comfortably the better team in every position on the park until the penalty.

14 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Craig Brown was blethering on about how the Aberdeen fans should stay and support the team until the final whistle. He was also 3 dreams deep in an Inception like alternate world where Aberdeen were comfortably the better team in every position on the park until the penalty.

:lol: The game was absolutely dead and we’d barely left our own 18 yard box since the sending off. I’d rather just get myself home. 

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

John Badloss

You can’t be proud of this. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: The game was absolutely dead and we’d barely left our own 18 yard box since the sending off. I’d rather just get myself home. 

f**k aye, I only live 15 minutes away and wanted to get away early.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can’t be proud of this. 

Nah its more of a piss take of the chronic Porto' chat before. 

Felt fortunate we were 1 up, game was pish after and no-one really took control. I doubt Hibs would have skooshed it without the penalty and second yellow. Will watch it again but it really looked liked a poor decision.

The quality in the league has me thinking 3rd is wide open and no team will get a run together to cement it.

Right, where do we start?

Hibs dominated for 99% of that match. Was horrible to watch.

Have seen slow mo of the penalty incident and both players have an arm around each other. Would like to think the ref says get up and get on with the game but if you let a team dictate and continually get in your box regularly then something will go against you.

Thought Goodwin has had a mare today. All the weaknesses exposed. His stubbornness to stick with 4-2-3-1 has been the teams downfall today. McCrorie hopeless in possession (we knew that already) Vinny doesn’t do anywhere near enough on or off the ball ( we knew that already, it’s not Stirling Albion anymore), Richardsons had a shocker, and Miovski has contributed zip. 
Taking off Duk was criminal unless he was injured.

Taking off Coulson was criminal unless he was injured( I think he may have been)

midfield was completely over run all game. If we are saying after 20 mins we ain’t winning this game then I would live to know why Jim fuckin Goodwin is getting paid a small fortune to not realise this and blindly stick with his wee team of pussies.

Said after 20 mins, without Clarkson and Barron, put McKenzie on and push the fullbacks up to a 3-5-2 and tuck Hayes inside. He will give you a performance in any position. Get Vinny off. He would rather stick though as he has his favourites and his 1 and only formation. . Not amazing team but a change of shape to stem the tide as we were roasted all game- fact.

Regardless of the ref Hibs deserved the win , no complaints at all about that.