Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

36 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Yaaaaaassss! A match thread, thank Christ. Going to this, always a good away day and with a bonus long weekend I intend to utilise public transport and have a decent scoop. Hallelujah.

Yes, a decent thread for a change 👍

I am on a "day out" and hope to be pished by kick off, wee bit of sobering up during the 90 minutes then back on it - ya dancer !

The fitba? Could go either way, score draw is probably a fair shout.

I think we're generally on a pattern of one meh result, one good result and one honking result. If St Mirren was honking you could say a 1-0 win against Killie was abit meh given the circumstances.

That said I think Aberdeen will be back to giving us trouble so I can't see this as a good result, but I live in hope. 

Anyone for a sweepstake for when the first Aberdeen fan loses the run of themselves over something Ryan Porteous has done?

Or is that invalid with half of them having a meltdown over him being selected to be a substitute in the upcoming Scotland games due to injuries?

11 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Anyone for a sweepstake for when the first Aberdeen fan loses the run of themselves over something Ryan Porteous has done?

Or is that invalid with half of them having a meltdown over him being selected to be a substitute  when there are zero (nil, nada, nul, 0) Aberdeen players in the upcoming Scotland games due to injuries?

ftfy m9 

29 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Or is that invalid with half of them having a meltdown over him being selected to be a substitute in the upcoming Scotland games due to injuries?

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

ftfy m9 

I think Porteous deserves a call up to be fair. Only one of our starting 11 is even eligible and i don't think anyone could make a case for him being included. 

On the sweepie, i will absolutely lose my shit if any hibs player gets away with kicking one of ours in the nuts again. Petty, i know. 

I remain thoroughly unconvinced by this Hibs side. No idea what to expect other than knowing we are certain to be absolutely shite in front of goal again.

Hopefully Henderson finds himself on the bench, not looked like a decent player since coming up against Bonnyrigg Rose in the cup.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I remain thoroughly unconvinced by this Hibs side. No idea what to expect other than knowing we are certain to be absolutely shite in front of goal again.

Hopefully Henderson finds himself on the bench, not looked like a decent player since coming up against Bonnyrigg Rose in the cup.

I still think there’s a player in there with Henderson, I know it was only the league cup but he looked good in the group stages.

He’s been awful since the league campaign has started though.

We need to play him through the middle though and not out wide because he tends to get completely lost.

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

McKirdy suspended, other than that I agree.

Either bring Campbell or Henderson in for McKirdy, probably Campbell.

Forgot he was suspended for this. 

If we really have to pick either Campbell or Hendo then Campbell for me.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I think Porteous deserves a call up to be fair. Only one of our starting 11 is even eligible and i don't think anyone could make a case for him being included. 

On the sweepie, i will absolutely lose my shit if any hibs player gets away with kicking one of ours in the nuts again. Petty, i know. 

Amusingly, imo Porteous has been comfortably our poorest defender this season so far, and its his worst (again imo) start to a season since he was first team regular.

I think he is only in the squad as there are people like Souttar injured etc.

On the last point, he didnt get away with it, he was disgracefully given a retro red

Spoiler

ok, ok, I know he also scored a goal and shouldnt have been on the park 🤭

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Amusingly, imo Porteous has been comfortably our poorest defender this season so far, and its his worst (again imo) start to a season since he was first team regular.

I think he is only in the squad as there are people like Souttar injured etc.

On the last point, he didnt get away with it, he was disgracefully given a retro red

Hide contents

ok, ok, I know he also scored a goal and shouldnt have been on the park 🤭

One of two goals he’s scored for Hibs against Aberdeen.

More than any current Aberdeen player has managed against us in games between the sides 😎