Monday Night Football 2022/23 Thread

lichtie23

18 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

By all accounts the game was a blatant fix by the officials. Won't be getting too upset by this loss. 

Yeah, that's sour grapes. Whoever told you that. 

1 DPI against Washington was ticky tack led to 7 for Eagles. 

A late hit on a Washington player was wrongly called but should have been helmet to helmet instead

They missed a facemask on the fumble but made up with it on an atrocious OPI on the following drive by Washington.

The late hit on TH, is being called every week.  He kneeled and a defender to 5 steps and tackled him.  

Well that’s absolutely delicious to wake up too. There is no way any team piloted by Jalen Hurts should have been undefeated. He’s bang average.

Good weekend for my Giants with both the Cowgirls and Philly losing. Brings the Commanders into the playoff mix as well 

By all accounts the game was a blatant fix by the officials. Won't be getting too upset by this loss. 

Guessing you haven't seen any of it.

Yeah, that's sour grapes. Whoever told you that. 

1 DPI against Washington was ticky tack led to 7 for Eagles. 
A late hit on a Washington player was wrongly called but should have been helmet to helmet instead
They missed a facemask on the fumble but made up with it on an atrocious OPI on the following drive by Washington.
The late hit on TH, is being called every week.  He kneeled and a defender to 5 steps and tackled him.  

Certainly how I saw most of the calls too, there were bad ones both ways.

It wasn't even close to being a late hit on the sideline, but it was two helmet to helmet hits, not one.

The late hit on Heinike was madness. He had clearly kneeled long before it.

Couldn't stay up to watch it but was fairly certain we'd lose. 

Nice surprise to wake upto, watched the hour re-cap and there was a few bad reffing calls each way. 

It's a bit bizarre, Heinicke isn't really that good, but when he plays it's unquestionable that he seems to elevate those around him. 

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Guessing you haven't seen any of it.

Certainly how I saw most of the calls too, there were bad ones both ways.

It wasn't even close to being a late hit on the sideline, but it was two helmet to helmet hits, not one.

The late hit on Heinike was madness. He had clearly kneeled long before it.

I didn't see any of the game, first I've missed all season - perhaps I'm partly to blame for the loss.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nice surprise to wake upto, watched the hour re-cap and there was a few bad reffing calls each way. 

It's a bit bizarre, Heinicke isn't really that good, but when he plays it's unquestionable that he seems to elevate those around him. 

They certainly look a million times better with Heinicke at QB than Wentz

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Like I said previously he's not the answer but by god, he just has something, some sort of it factor.  f**k knows what "it" is though😂

Edited by Antiochas III

Good solid win for the 49ers, coming out on top 38-10 against the Cardinals in Mexico City.

For the 3rd straight game no points conceded in the second half, and good days for McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Samuel and Kittle. Some laughable "tackling" on Kittle's second TD tbf.

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Good solid win for the 49ers, coming out on top 38-10 against the Cardinals in Mexico City.

For the 3rd straight game no points conceded in the second half, and good days for McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Samuel and Kittle. Some laughable "tackling" on Kittle's second TD tbf.

It was hard to tell when the Cardinals withdrew their starters in 2nd half such was their level of shitness in the second half. 9ers were never in any danger of losing now top of the division. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't really complain about a 17 point road win that clinches a playoff spot, but that offensive performance from the Chargers just wont cut it against better teams. Staley's hand has been forced by injuries on the defensive side of the ball, and they are finally addressing some of the season-long issues caused by his pig-headedness, but the OL play has fallen off a cliff in the space of one off-season, and for all the shite being flung at Joe Lombardi I'm not sure what else he could be calling given that they can not run the ball and there is absolutely no pocket for Herbert to throw from.

There have been some recurring themes throughout this season on the offensive side of the ball. The conservative passing attack has been well documented, but there's not enough being made about the fact the Chargers simply can not score a TD in the 3rd Quarter. It's been 10 straight games and it's clearly not just coincidental. Something is happening that makes an already patchy and conservative O stutter even more immediately after the half. There have been a huge number of games like last night when the O has had the ball in the Redzone late in the first half, already has a lead, is due to receive the 2nd half kick-off, and does absolutely f**k all with that advantage. They really should have been 21-3 up after the first drive of the 2nd half last night and totally choked the life out of the Colts, but as with every other time they've had that sort of advantage this season they totally failed to capitalise.

I'm also not yet sold on the D having truly turned things around. 27ppg prior to the Bye, 20ppg since, and 14ppg over the last three, but those were against a totally out of sync Dolphins O, a tanking Titans team, and an utterly hopeless Colts O with their 3rd QB of the season under C. I'll wait until they play a decent team until I consider the problems solved, because I suspect that it's really down to the quality of the opponent rather than a genuine improvement. Henry still went over 100yards, and the Colts were averaging 5+ ypc, so if that's the same story against any team with a functional passing attack the Chargers will get clowned, again.

Looked like a fairly straightforward instance of a concussed player, but it's concerning it's taking them forever to stretcher him off. I wonder if he's blacked out or having a seizure or something. ☹️

FFS CPR ☹️

Edited by Boo Khaki