Monday Night Football 2022/23 Thread

lichtie23

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Good win for the 49ers, 24-9 in the end. Thought they had fucked it when they couldn't get it in from 1 yard and settled for 3 points, then Gould missed a later kick. A pick 6 settles it though, defense were superb all night.

Need to watch the highlights (don't have time for the full game) but the Niners Nation podcast guys were talking about that play and asking why they didn't just QB sneak with Jimmy? For all his faults the guy is decent at pushing through for a yard or two.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Good win for the 49ers, 24-9 in the end. Thought they had fucked it when they couldn't get it in from 1 yard and settled for 3 points, then Gould missed a later kick. A pick 6 settles it though, defense were superb all night.

I was screaming at tv when they didn’t go for it on 4th and 1. Defence played brilliantly again. Hufanga is fast becoming one of my favourite players. 

Hufanga continues to impress. 

49ers are brilliant one week and crap the next.

The TD run by Deebo was something else. Also funny that the Rams took Donald out for one play and it was a huge TD run.

Watched the first half, as my daughter decided that 1.30am was a perfectly reasonable time to be awake.

Need to watch the highlights (don't have time for the full game) but the Niners Nation podcast guys were talking about that play and asking why they didn't just QB sneak with Jimmy? For all his faults the guy is decent at pushing through for a yard or two.
I was screaming at tv when they didn’t go for it on 4th and 1. Defence played brilliantly again. Hufanga is fast becoming one of my favourite players. 
I can only think that the fact they've already lost Trey Lance for the season was a factor in not handing Jimmy the ball and not risking an injury.

Would still have thought Juszczyk could have pounded it in though.

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Impressive win that. I only watched the 11 minute highlights but it seemed Donald was a non factor. 

The Rams are a weird team 

They are indeed.

Champions of probably the poorest NFC in ages, and they run into the weakest AFC Champion in 25 years in the Superbowl.

A lot of talented players on the team but I think they flatter to deceive a little bit, and they are also routinely surprised by lesser teams in the same manner that the Chargers are and they run the same D scheme. I think that is not a coincidence. It's good at slowing down offenses like KC, but it really struggles against any team that just 'f**k you' runs the ball down their throat.

Chargers are in Cleveland this week, which is going to be hilarious. They ran all over us last year and so far this year's run D looks every bit as inept.

Edited by Boo Khaki