Monday Night Football 2022/23 Thread

lichtie23

From what I've seen of him he's nowhere near ready to play NFL QB, and I think throwing him in the deep-end right now would likely ruin him. 

Titans knew exactly what they were getting when they threw money at Tannehill, so for better or for worse they need to ride it out. FWIW I think they'll comfortably make the playoffs again, but that's as much a measure of how god damned pathetic the AFC South is as it is about the strength of the Titans. As we saw last year even having the #1 didn't prevent them predictably failing once they had to play decent teams.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Time for Malik? 

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

From what I've seen of him he's nowhere near ready to play NFL QB, and I think throwing him in the deep-end right now would likely ruin him. 

Titans knew exactly what they were getting when they threw money at Tannehill, so for better or for worse they need to ride it out. FWIW I think they'll comfortably make the playoffs again, but that's as much a measure of how god damned pathetic the AFC South is as it is about the strength of the Titans. As we saw last year even having the #1 didn't prevent them predictably failing once they had to play decent teams.

He got just over a quarter the other night and looked very raw, good in flashes but quite panicked.

I could be totally wrong, and he might be one of those guys who settles down after a game or two, but as you said he looks extremely raw, and I can't see what the Titans would gain by starting him right now over and above the fact he isn't Ryan Tannehill. If it gets to the point whereby the Titans are effectively out of the running, say 2-6 or something, then I could see the point in giving Willis the starts the rest of the way, but I don't think that'll happen because they are still good enough with Tannehill to beat up shite teams and their division is a cesspit.

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I could be totally wrong, and he might be one of those guys who settles down after a game or two, but as you said he looks extremely raw, and I can't see what the Titans would gain by starting him right now over and above the fact he isn't Ryan Tannehill. If it gets to the point whereby the Titans are effectively out of the running, say 2-6 or something, then I could see the point in giving Willis the starts the rest of the way, but I don't think that'll happen because they are still good enough with Tannehill to beat up shite teams and their division is a cesspit.

Yeah, unfortunately Tannehill is still the best option until meaningless games which I don't think we will get. 

But not only the QB problem, Vrabel put a rookie on Diggs, Henry has been snuffed out in both games and we got rid of a proven WR in AJ Brown.

Shite state of affairs.

Buffalo DB's had clearly had it drummed into them to never touch Henry above the waist. I'm sick of watching idiot DB's try to grab him around the shoulders and either bounce off, or get dragged 10 yards down the field, so it was a pleasant change to see a D handle him the obvious and sensible way, by forcing him to run laterally then chopping out his legs.

I think the decline of running in general has led to a simultaneous decline in D's and defensive players understanding how to deal with big power backs, and as much as he's effective and a good back in his own right, it's not like the NFL has never seen big strong 240llb+ backs before, they're just such an anomaly nowadays that everyone seemed to forget how to handle them.

Giants 0-3 Cowboys, End of 1

Cowboys blocked a Graham Gano FG after a promising Giants drive stalled inside the 30. Cowboys next drive got inside the 5 but they couldn’t punch it in so Maher chipped over a FG. Golladay has had a few 1st quarter targets but nothing is happening for him. Jones has been on his ass once after Lawrence breezed past Evan Neal. Not got Barkley going yet. 

Edited by lichtie23

Giants 3-6 Cowboys. Half Time

Giants tied it up with a 42 yard Gano FG. Tony Pollard then broke off a massive run on the next drive to get the cowboys into FG range. The drive stalled so they settled for 3. The Giants couldn’t get anything going with Jones under constant pressure from Demarcus Lawrence. Giants thought they got into FG range at end of the house but a bullshit OPI call rules that out (Even Troy Aikman thought it was nonsense). Cowboys missed a 59 yard FG as time expires.

Giants offence is stuttering badly and the O-Line is struggling to handle Demarcus Lawrence and a blitzing Micah Parsons. Kayvon hasn’t really showed anything yet, all I remember is him tipping a pass at the line on 3rd down. Barkley needs to get going as well. 

And the worst thing about tonight…….than w****r Booger McFarland is wearing a pink suit

Giants 13-13 Cowboys, End of 3rd

Giants opening drive of the half was extended after a silly Dallas penalty. Jones got most of the yards with his legs and after Demarcus Lawrence got his 3rd sack of the night we had to settle for a FG to tie the game at 6. Dallas then went 3 and out and the Giants punish them with a TD drive culminating in a 36 yard Saquon run into the end zone. Cowboys answer with a 9 play touchdown drive with Elliott going in from a yard. Big 4th quarter coming up with the Giants starting at midfield.

Giants 16-23 Cowboys. Final

An inept 4th quarter from the Giants gifts the cowboys the win. CeeDee Lamb got hot and made a sensational one hand grab for the go ahead TD. Dallas got to Jones for 6 sacks as our offence in general was pretty anaemic. Jones threw a game ending INT to Diggs and to rub salt into the wound Sterling Shepard was carted off with a serious looking non contact injury. 

Disappointing 

Edited by lichtie23