St Johnstone v Ross County Sat 17/9/22

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

About time we handed these Highlanders a sound beating. What are the chances?

Somewhere between zero and extremely high.  I have no idea how County are going to play, if they are going to use wingers or not, or if a mysterious injury has hit the squad.   

4 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Pretty big game for both teams, the fear of losing could have a negative impact, either that or it'll be a goal fest with two rubbish defences.

Our defence isn’t rubbish though? If anything it’s the best part of our team. It’s our lack of attack that’s the issue. 

6 hours ago, Widge said:

Our defence isn’t rubbish though? If anything it’s the best part of our team. It’s our lack of attack that’s the issue. 

Our back four isn’t horrendous either.  But our forwards might get ten goals between them all year.  0-0 looks a decent bet.  

Laidlaw

Johnson-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Purrington

Tillson-Callachan

Owura-Dhanda-Olaigbe

White

Arguably Akio for one of the two wingers seeing as they’ll swap sides throughout the game and potentially Cancola for Callachan but I think the deeper role suits him. Dhanda yet to prove himself but I feel this is the sort of game he can thrive. Everyone else picks themself IMO.

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Laidlaw

Johnson-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Purrington

Tillson-Callachan

Owura-Dhanda-Olaigbe

White

Arguably Akio for one of the two wingers seeing as they’ll swap sides throughout the game and potentially Cancola for Callachan but I think the deeper role suits him. Dhanda yet to prove himself but I feel this is the sort of game he can thrive. Everyone else picks themself IMO.

Get Callahan to f**k and I think you've got a team there chief. 

That first half last time out against Aberdeen was some of the worst football I’ve seen at County for a long time. We’ve got plenty of attacking options, use them ffs.

I’d drop Tillson for this one, he was shocking against Aberdeen. No idea if Loturi is any good or that though yet to take his place.

I'd expect the same starting 11 as St Mirren, Gallacher on the bench maybe to get a few minutes in late in the game. 

Most, me included, still unconvinced by the concept of the  Hallberg / Carey middle pairing so it might be a case of dropping either May or Murphy to bring Phillips, or Murray, into the middle and let the other two push up on breaks with the wing-backs. So a more traditional 3-5-2.  

Can't see any of that happening though and expect a carbon copy team. Which given the last result is hard to argue with.

That first half last time out against Aberdeen was some of the worst football I’ve seen at County for a long time. We’ve got plenty of attacking options, use them ffs.
I’d drop Tillson for this one, he was shocking against Aberdeen. No idea if Loturi is any good or that though yet to take his place.

I’m unsure on Loturi so far. Looks shit scared of a challenge. Also runs like a goblin which is strange - Declan McManus-esque. Suppose, there’s only one way to be proved wrong about a player and that’s giving him minutes.