Accies v QP

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Ferrie my man of the season so far. Very sound and positioning sense is brilliant.

Thought he was our best player today too, although Davidson deserves a special mention for his contribution when he came on as well 

This might well have been one of those 1-1 games last season so it’s a big plus for me we’re converting mediocrity (first half) into points. Delighted for Ferrie to get his shut-out at last; he had plenty to do but to be honest it was mostly bread and butter stuff thanks to some wasteful and woeful efforts by Accies attack. The save down at the post though was a game changer.

I’ve mentioned it a few times now but Thomson really is shaping up to be special. In a first half of half-hearted tackles and misplaced passes all around him he continued to carry the torch for his mates. Second half was much better but I’d say we’re still in the mould of very good up front and a bit scary at the back. I’ve already had my say on Eze! Davidson worthy too of a mention; he’s actually the epitome of the team. Very good going forward and a bit scary going back.

All very well saying the Dundee game wasn’t ever going to define us bit it was still a poor day and so it was important we got a reaction today, and we did. We fully deserve our league position. Picking up points at the likes of Hamilton will decide whether we’ll end up in the top half of the table or down near the bottom. I’d also say this result will give the lads confidence for our big game in Europe next week.

MotM: Ferrie for the shut-out, but big Jack a smidge behind him.

Bit of a weird one, came away very frustrated, mostly due to the amount of times we got into great positions, where any capable forward player would have scored, but we wasted it with either a tame effort or over passing it.

Feel a bit sorry for Rankin, I dont think there's a lot he can do with the team selection, but he really doesn't help himself with the subs, no way Smith should have stayed on as long as he did.

On the plus side, De Bolle looked very good when he came, looked very comfortable on the ball and great first touch, hopefully we can see a lot more of him soon.

I was over by section J, and very certain Queens first goal was over the line by a good bit before Fulton hooked it out after the first rebound, easy call for the linesman.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Ferrie my man of the season so far. Very sound and positioning sense is brilliant.

I’m delighted for Ferrie. I’ve been fairly vocal on here, particularly over the summer about how much I rate the guy and he’s really proving his worth so far. The thing that’s improved considerably about his game is his decision making from high balls. Last season, he was guilty of flying for a ball from a corner and missing it entirely which ultimately lead to a few goals. Even though he isn’t the biggest in stature, he has become more of a presence in his box. Yes, his kicking is dodgy (I do think that’s improving also) but he’s a very capable keeper at this level 

Edited by qpfc

De Bolle looks technically above anything else we've got so hopefully he can translate that into actually influencing matches. Lawson and Martin are, imo, our best players but a combination of awful shape and putting square pegs in round holes around them means that they're not being given much of a chance. Hopefully De Bolle can help with one of those.

You can tell what kind of a game Smith will have after his first involvement. If it's bad, like yesterday, then you're as well hooking him straight away. As much as I like One as a prospect, it's unfair on a 16-year-old being our first attacking sub.

On 14/09/2022 at 12:57, CathcartSkins said:

We have improved, no doubt since the League Cup match, OC seems to have settled on formation, selection, and style of play for the most part.  Am sure we will not have any hangover from our visit to Dens and are ready for this one.

2-0 Queens.

At long last I predicted one correctly. 

That was a very pleasing win, it's a game where Marijn's mantra about learning how to win came to the fore.

Edited by CathcartSkins

35 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

That was a very pleasing win, it's a game where Marijn's mantra about learning how to win came to the fore.

His presentation back in February was a spectacular introduction and was so far out I wondered how he would make it all work in Scotland. In just half a year, his philosophy and training techniques have now filtered from the first team through YQP and then the Academy and now even the community coaches are on board. The detractors from other clubs who think this is another “Gretna” are in for a shock. Take nothing away from Coyle and the work his team are doing here and now but Beuker is the future of the club.

That was poor yesterday but not as bad as the Raith game as we actually created a few chances, although on the other hand we played right in to QP’s hands number 66 was an absolute monster but we just kept going down the line and trying crosses until De Bolle came on.

Agree with the couple of Accies fans above that I do feel for Rankin as the squad is terrible I can imagine he probably is a good motivator that can make them want to run through walls for him, but he doesn’t help himself sending them out with 1 arm tied behind their back in the awful shape and poor subs.

I did fancy QP as an e/w bet to win the league they will be up and about the play offs.

Pleasing to get a clean sheet for the first time. Maybe the defence is beginning to come together. The stats indicate we gave away loads of corners but the result shows that we are now able to defend a set piece. That’s gotta be an improvement. Third place - I’ll take it.

On 17/09/2022 at 18:43, Alf Stamp Army said:

Glad he's proving a few folk wrong and maybe Beuker knows what he's doing emoji848.png

At the members' meeting last season, where Beuker gave his presentation, he was hanging around after having an informal chat with a few of the supporters and his exact words to us were "Liam Brown and Jack Thomson are the type of young player I was talking about, both of them are the future of this club"