Accies v QP

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Think we’re behind the goals on Saturday, going by the Accies ticketing site. Last time was a bit of a nonsense with one turnstile and folk missing the start. Fair play if they’ve learnt from it.

I wouldn't mind being late for kick off this time tbh

We have improved, no doubt since the League Cup match, OC seems to have settled on formation, selection, and style of play for the most part.  Am sure we will not have any hangover from our visit to Dens and are ready for this one.

2-0 Queens.

Edited by CathcartSkins

Given the way the league is, you could really just copy and paste the same thing before every match. All about who turns up. Most teams capable of skelping each other if the circumstances are favourable. If the sharp QP turn up, we can beat anyone at any venue. If the toothless, slack QP turn up, we’re in bother. 

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Likely to be a few goals in this one?

Accies can score but we are also very leaky at the back as shown by amount of scoring draws we've had so far this season.

Sounds familiar. Dundee was the first of our fixtures, league or cup, without both teams scoring.

18 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Eh not so sure this is the case now. That might just be for wheelchair users. Clear as mud

I've dug mine out. You can be my carer and wheel me in.

Says something about the optimism these days, I'm as excited as a jaikey waiting for their first fix of the day, and that's to visit Hamilton. FFS.

Hopefully still playing the two up front. Albeit it was very early in the season, but the Accies didn't look that strong when we played them earlier. Big away win for the QP.

Only Scott Martin looks like he gives a f**k.

Shooting practice required over the international break, stop trying to walk the ball in & plenty defensive work in training needed.

We are tidy enough but offered very little threat & as shown we're really weak at the back, a fit Jamie Hamilton comes straight back in for me when ready.

Only decent thing was De Bolle looked decent while he was on, seems to have a very good touch & once fully fit surely displaces one of Zanatta/Smith/Winter.

We'll be scrabbling about in the bottom 4 all season IMO at the moment.

Fantastic result. 1st half to put it lightly was eye bleeding stuff from both teams. Easy passes going astray and a real lack of composure going forward. I’ll let him off cause it’s his first start in senior football but David Boateng had a stinker today. Picked up a needless yellow early doors and was constantly targeted down his side by Zanatta. Not to mention his dreadful clearance which forced ferrie to make an excellent last ditch save. Hopefully a learning curve for him 

Ive absolutely no comment on whether the 1st goal actually went in. All I seen was a big scramble and then seen Murray running away in celebration. I really hope it didn’t actually go in tbh. 

2nd half was a lot more like ourselves. We got on the ball, moved it quickly and overall we deserved the win. Jake Davidson was tremendous when he came on at right back. He’s deceptively quick and it’s been a constant occurrence this season that nobody seems to get near him once he gets going down the right. First and last time he’ll be dropped for the foreseeable I’d imagine.

I’ll give my man of the match to Jack Thomson. For me, the most improved player in the squad by a country mile. He’s always been aggressive but was often very rash last season but he’s been immense this term, especially since Mal Boateng joined in midfield. He’s incredibly powerful and wins almost all his duels. I can now see why he was given a 3 year deal now 

Kilday, Ferrie and Savoury all had excellent games. Still get the fear a bit with Eze but I’m sure regular games will make him sharper going forward