Queens v FC Edinburgh

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Give Wilson player of the season already. So much better when he features.

Give Hendrie player of the season. What an excellent first half from him, some quality runs from lwb. 

Paton could’ve scored 3/4 himself. Do feel like we are lacking a bit creatively, but been on top the entire half. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Entered after 3 to avoid it. Rebel.

Best we've played in ages. Tempo has been excellent and it makes all the difference. Edinburgh haven't remotely troubled Fox yet and hopefully that continues. They'll have to change it up now which can go one of two ways: our defence will crumble or we'll exploit the spaces they leave.

Give Wilson player of the season already. So much better when he features.

Yep I would have done the same.

That is more like it night and day from anything we have played this season .

1st half deserved to be more than 1 goal ahead .

2nd half we started to lose control of the game until Wullie came on he has to start he  did more in 20 mins than McKenna did in 70 .

The other subs all did well special mention to Lewis lovely skill to beat his man to almost get his 1st goal .

First half as good as we've been for years. Dominated play, pressed when we lost the ball and created plenty of chances. Could have been 2 or 3.

Second half I was beginning to get annoyed as we appeared to sit back rather than keep the pressure on them and I honestly expected FCE to score. Gibson comes on and the game is our: he really really needs to start playing games. He is easily one of our best players and should be starting every week. Great goal by Banje who put himself around well and looks surprisingly strong despite his frame. Would have been great for L.Gibson to score but at least he showed what he is capable of.

Only negatives are conceding a goal and Connolly not featuring. Hopefully wasn't 100% rather than it being any other kind of issue.

Just in the door. Think I've taken a wrong turn and stumbled into the wrong but parallel universe. Phone's telling me not only that Queens have apparently won a home game, but that we've also seemingly scored 4 goals in the process. Someone's clearly taking the proverbials here ... I'm away to lie down in a dark room ...

Much better from us - EFC were woeful it has to be said. East and Hendrix were excellent - not sure about the two McKays but thankfully they weren’t tested. That said how Dave McKay managed to concede a penalty when the player was running away from goal 

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Much better from us - EFC were woeful it has to be said. East and Hendrix were excellent - not sure about the two McKays but thankfully they weren’t tested. That said how Dave McKay managed to concede a penalty when the player was running away from goal 

Foxy 

Scott Fox exuded calmness which spread to the defence IMO. Got to be first choice now surely. Stephen Hendrie looks a proper left back, a bit of fire and aggression as well as wanting to get forward. Ewan Bange brought a physical presence up front which we've lacked sometimes and took his goal well on his debut. I thought big Iain Wilson adds so much to the midfield, we've got to hope he can keep fit. I liked Calvin McGrory playing higher up the park rather than in front of the defence and thought he had a good game. Works in progress? I wish Ciaran McKenna would go for the byeline more often, he tends to pass backwards too often for me. Lewis Gibson looks just like his Dad when he runs, even his posture! Great result from the team today, hope we get a highlights package.

Scott Fox exuded calmness which spread to the defence IMO. Got to be first choice now surely. Stephen Hendrie looks a proper left back, a bit of fire and aggression as well as wanting to get forward. Ewan Bange brought a physical presence up front which we've lacked sometimes and took his goal well on his debut. I thought big Iain Wilson adds so much to the midfield, we've got to hope he can keep fit. I liked Calvin McGrory playing higher up the park rather than in front of the defence and thought he had a good game. Works in progress? I wish Ciaran McKenna would go for the byeline more often, he tends to pass backwards too often for me. Lewis Gibson looks just like his Dad when he runs, even his posture! Great result from the team today, hope we get a highlights package.
I think Callum Antel could have been in goal for us today and the scoreline wouldn't have been any different. I do agree Fox should be No. 1. but I don't think we were threatened enough today to say he was a big part of why we looked better at the back.

Gibson is streets ahead of McKenna and takes the ball forward. I don't think it was coincidence we scored 3 after he came on. He absolutely has to start games for us.

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

That is more like it night and day from anything we have played this season .

1st half deserved to be more than 1 goal ahead .

2nd half we started to lose control of the game until Wullie came on he has to start he  did more in 20 mins than McKenna did in 70 .

The other subs all did well special mention to Lewis lovely skill to beat his man to almost get his 1st goal .

This is one messed up league,   Edinburgh took 6 off us a fortnight ago and it could have been more, they were very clinical ,  you ride them this week we pump Clyde 5 nil next game,   Kelt y beat Falkirk convincingly last time out , this week Peterhead turn  them over who couldn't beat sleep since he start of he season.

I think it's fair to say this league is wide open