Morton vs Arbroath

That was dreadful stuff. Worst I've seen us play for a long, long while. 

Dougie's failure to make signings in the forward area is bordering on being catastrophic. But today we were poor all over the park.

Lithgow is the only player to get pass marks and maybe Baird too. The boy King was a bit inconstant today which you expect from young players.

But I'm afraid it's been the same trio of players who have been well below par and have been all season, Blues, Muirhead and Kabia. All missing in action.

And why was Carlo dropped? One of our better players this season makes no sense. The RB came on as a sub to left midfield and still played better than what we had.

End of the day we didn't deserve anything from the game today

That was all very Gus McPherson-y...

Pignatiello should never have been dropped as he's been one of our better players, Grimshaw was dire but probably hasn't played for a while.

2-0 down at half time and Dougie takes off an attacking player (I don't care how shit he may be) to bring on an extra defender...

Even if he hadn't scored, Lewis McGrattan was by far our best player and he was only on for about 10 minutes...

Not going to repeat myself every week about Blues and Muirhead... 

If we don't sign a striker we are 100% getting relegated.

Great win and solid all round performance. Reminded me a bit of our resilience last season at times. 

Hilson likE a different player out of now where and Oakley looks like a real find. 

And all done without O’Brien, Little and Allan. Onto next week but feeling much more positive. 

Edited by Smokerson

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Oakley immense and Hilson superb. A wonderful afternoon in general. 

Yup, agree, Oakley good game but thought Hilson edged it, also Goldy had a good game, thought the subs played well, good fighting performance, but rode our luck at a couple of Morton moves, overall, a deserved 3 points.

On 13/09/2022 at 21:50, The Ghost of B A R P said:

In previous years, this would have looked like one of those games — home to a side struggling at the bottom of the league, missing their three best players — where Morton would somehow manage to tip up three easy points.

Aye.

Whatever happens in the loan market, and no matter how thin our squad, Imrie needs to bench players who’ve had every chance and have contributed the square root of f**k all.

Hooking Kabia at half-time today was more or less admitting he shouldn’t have started him.

McGrattan in for Blues, Strapp back in and King up the pitch for Kabia, even McGregor in for Muirhead (or get him back over on the left).

Beaten easily at home to a struggling team without their three best players… extended honeymoon well and truly over.

8 points from 5 was an excellent start in the circumstances; 8 from 7 after consecutive home defeats is straightforward relegation battle territory.

1 hour ago, montheton said:

We need to get Muirhead as far away from the squad as possible. The guy is an imposter closely followed by Blues. Starting Muirhead is pretty much starting every game with 10 men.

He’s got a hint of the Luke Donnellys about him, clearly talent there but can’t get it out of himself and for being such a big guy he can’t impose himself physically at all

Gaston was fine today. Done his job and never had too much to do, brief spell first half where he was assured and steady as we’d expect

Oakley…. What a guy. He reminded me of Jeremie Frimpong. Not very big at all but rapid, cool on the ball, few tricks and turns, great getting forward with a couple of cracking balls in, the one for the goal superb. For a 19 year old making his full debut he was superb. Love him 

Little - done well until he come off early on 

Hamilton - solid 

Hancock - He’s got similar qualities to Oakley, gets up and down well, not as quick or as tricky but good defensively and he also never had anyone infront of him. So it was an assured performance from another young lad, only 19 too. Him and Oakleys energy really made a difference 

Scotty Stewart - a right midfielder who played Centre Half and never looked out of place. That speaks volumes, this guy is tremendous. Sign him long term, he is exactly the type of player we’ve built our club on the past 6/7 years 

David Gold - done a David Gold job, he’s energy and great on the ball, had a good game today 

Tait - player. The guy is like Nicky Low in a lot of ways, so busy and good at winning ball back also clever going forward and always trying to play wee 1 2s in and around box. Love him

Jacobs - said to my mate tiday that I think he’s good in games for 60 minutes but will have 30 minutes off it and it’ll really show…. Well tiday he broke play up well for the 90 and looked fitter and sharper than he’s been all season. 

McKenna - great having him back. As hard working as ever and took the penalty well.

Hilson - raved about him enough tiday. Superb 

Fosu - solid performance without really doing anything. Done a job and still looks like he needs polished up a bit 

Morton were very poor today but that from us was very encouraging, energy and playing a bit when needed. Missing ToB and Allan too. 

First time I’ve seen us win here and it was worth the wait. Happy Saturday

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s got a hint of the Luke Donnellys about him, clearly talent there but can’t get it out of himself and for being such a big guy he can’t impose himself physically at all

Gaston was fine today. Done his job and never had too much to do, brief spell first half where he was assured and steady as we’d expect

Oakley…. What a guy. He reminded me of Jeremie Frimpong. Not very big at all but rapid, cool on the ball, few tricks and turns, great getting forward with a couple of cracking balls in, the one for the goal superb. For a 19 year old making his full debut he was superb. Love him 

Little - done well until he come off early on 

Hamilton - solid 

Hancock - He’s got similar qualities to Oakley, gets up and down well, not as quick or as tricky but good defensively and he also never had anyone infront of him. So it was an assured performance from another young lad, only 19 too. Him and Oakleys energy really made a difference 

Scotty Stewart - a right midfielder who played Centre Half and never looked out of place. That speaks volumes, this guy is tremendous. Sign him long term, he is exactly the type of player we’ve built our club on the past 6/7 years 

David Gold - done a David Gold job, he’s energy and great on the ball, had a good game today 

Tait - player. The guy is like Nicky Low in a lot of ways, so busy and good at winning ball back also clever going forward and always trying to play wee 1 2s in and around box. Love him

Jacobs - said to my mate tiday that I think he’s good in games for 60 minutes but will have 30 minutes off it and it’ll really show…. Well tiday he broke play up well for the 90 and looked fitter and sharper than he’s been all season. 

McKenna - great having him back. As hard working as ever and took the penalty well.

Hilson - raved about him enough tiday. Superb 

Fosu - solid performance without really doing anything. Done a job and still looks like he needs polished up a bit 

Morton were very poor today but that from us was very encouraging, energy and playing a bit when needed. Missing ToB and Allan too. 

First time I’ve seen us win here and it was worth the wait. Happy Saturday

First half was as good as any I have seen for a while ( also take into account our last few performances down there ).

Hammy was outstanding at centre half and arguably his best position. Looks solid. Scott Stewart as well, so versatile and has so many great attributes.

Midfield won a lot of second balls like Dougie Imrie said in his post match interview . Full backs got forward well and Oakleys delivery’s we’re superb. A real asset. 

Hilson playing off McKenna seemed to work, I thought the 2 of them together took us up the park much better than any other game, gave their centre half’s a few problems . Hilson gets his goal, McKenna makes another penalty this season and gets off the mark. 

Time to build on this performance 

Was at the match yesterday and can scarcely remember a more insipid, clueless and lacklustre performance from Morton. 

I thought the penalty was a stupid tackle but would like to see it again relative to whether it was in the box or not and I would also like to know what Quitongo said or did to get the second yellow.

Referee's performance shockingly bad on all counts.

14 hours ago, montheton said:

We need to get Muirhead as far away from the squad as possible. The guy is an imposter closely followed by Blues. Starting Muirhead is pretty much starting every game with 10 men.

Add Kabia to that list - a completely useless, pea-hearted sand dancer. 

I don't think there was too much between the sides in the first half, but Arbroath took a couple of their chances and we were never going to get back into the game from that point. There is barely a plan A with Muirhead and Kabia up front but no chance of a credible Plan B once we fall behind in a match. There needs to be several changes for Thursday night - if McGregor and McGrattan can't offer more than Kabia and Blues right now then they shouldn't be at the club.