Morton vs Arbroath

In previous years, this would have looked like one of those games — home to a side struggling at the bottom of the league, missing their three best players — where Morton would somehow manage to tip up three easy points.

But Ayr got those, so we’re going to win (possibly involving one of those increasingly rare moments when ‘that fud Muirhead’ transforms into Bonnie Prince Robbie).

15 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

In previous years, this would have looked like one of those games — home to a side struggling at the bottom of the league, missing their three best players — where Morton would somehow manage to tip up three easy points.

But Ayr got those, so we’re going to win (possibly involving one of those increasingly rare moments when ‘that fud Muirhead’ transforms into Bonnie Prince Robbie).

Muirhead needs to put in a performance now. He deservedly got his new contract after scoring some important goals last season and was generally much improved from the Robbie we all knew.

However he has started all 6  league games and although he scored last week, has been largely anonymous. I know he missed much of pre season so I'll give him some slack as he was prob threw into the deep-end due to lack of numbers,  but he should be up to match fitness now so no excuses.

The exact same could be said of Kabia on the other side. Flashes of some decent stuff but no where near enough.

Really hope Kabia is benched on Sat, bring back Strapp and move up King.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Muirhead needs to put in a performance now. He deservedly got his new contract after scoring some important goals last season and was generally much improved from the Robbie we all knew.

However he has started all 6  league games and although he scored last week, has been largely anonymous. I know he missed much of pre season so I'll give him some slack as he was prob threw into the deep-end due to lack of numbers,  but he should be up to match fitness now so no excuses.

The exact same could be said of Kabia on the other side. Flashes of some decent stuff but no where near enough.

Really hope Kabia is benched on Sat, bring back Strapp and move up King.

Yet to see any flashes of some decent stuff, grade A sand dancer, he needs benched, waste of a shirt all season.

2 hours ago, madton said:

He didn't deserve a new contract - scoring a few goals was only the least that Muirhead could return from a dismal number of years in a Morton jersey.

We should have been more realistic about the chances of getting a consistently good tune out of jobbers and if we had been more ruthless in the summer then we wouldn't have to put up with their nonsense again now. 

If we haven’t got anymore new players in by the weekend I would go 

Gaston

Oakley
Little
Hammy
Hancock

Stewart
Tait
Gold
Linn

Shanks
Mckenna

The following week we will have TOB and Allan back which will be a massive boost and you would like to think a few more in the door with the window shutting preferably a couple of Strikers which are badly needed 😁

Imagine like all other battles with Morton this game will be a tight and close affair so could go either way, Jacobs a good stand in if Gold can’t last the whole 90 as he looked like he had a good partnership going with Tait last time out, When Morton start to tire last 20-25 minutes I would be then throwing on Hilson Kareem and Young  Dylan and just get them running at them and being more direct with there energy 🇱🇻⚽💪

2-1 The Smokies and the season starts here 🙌🙌🙌

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

1 minute ago, #Gary said:

Cameron Blues survives again...

Pignatiello dropped (f**k knows why) to get Grimshaw in at RB.

Aye, three players very fortunate to start, two very unfortunate to miss out (although I was pretty sure Grimshaw would come in at RB).

Up to the guys who’re getting (yet) another chance to deliver… if we win, the selection will be forgotten about (if we don’t, let the inquest begin).

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Sorry to sound so negative but that starting 11 isn’t filling me with much hope.

ETA not much we could do different I suppose but I would definitely have started Linn and either Shanks or Isiaka over Hilson.

3 points and up the road