Morton vs Arbroath

Not expecting a classic, any win will do.

Both teams desperate for a bit of quality in the final 3rd. Right now we are solely relying on Quitongo who, to be fair to him, has done really well. Muirhead and Kabia need a performance.

Midfield much improved from a few weeks ago with Crawford and Grimshaw now onboard but so will Arbroaths with Tait and Allan.

Prob the best time to play Arbroath who seem to be in a bit of a mess with poor form and lost some important players, we need to take advantage. Mental to think you've lost 5 on the trot after last season.

1-0. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Not expecting a classic, any win will do.

Both teams desperate for a bit of quality in the final 3rd. Right now we are solely relying on Quitongo who, to be fair to him, has done really well. Muirhead and Kabia need a performance.

Midfield much improved from a few weeks ago with Crawford and Grimshaw now onboard but so will Arbroaths with Tait and Allan.

Prob the best time to play Arbroath who seem to be in a bit of a mess with poor form and lost some important players, we need to take advantage. Mental to think you've lost 5 on the trot after last season.

1-0. 

We will be without Scott Allan who is suspended and McKenna again. Thomas O’Brien has also been practically permanently suspended. 

Morton v Arbroath games are always usually eye bleeding. Morton in my opinion very similar to us, well the version of us before last season. Always stuffy and hard to beat. We are not that just now and also struggling at the other end. Can see a 1-0 home win or something.  

We are probably due a red card too, not had one of them for about 45 minutes now. 

Hard to feel optimistic about this game with O'Brien, McKenna and Allen all missing.

Guess Stewart or Oakley will start at right back , Hammy move alongside Ricky Little and Hancock at left back. Any mixture of Stewart(if not at full back), Tait, Gold, Fosu, Jacobs, Bobby Linn, maybe even Patterson in midfield and Hilson up front. Maybe even try Isiaka at some point, or maybe we will sign a striker late in the week to start on Saturday, or maybe we won't.

But it's a funny old game, as Jimmy Greaves famously said, except it ain't that funny when your team is struggling at the bottom the table and finding it increasingly difficult to score goals and keep 11 players on the pitch. Still, you never know, we've got to get some breaks sometime.

1-0 either way.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Hard to feel optimistic about this game with O'Brien, McKenna and Allen all missing.

Guess Stewart or Oakley will start at right back , Hammy move alongside Ricky Little and Hancock at left back. Any mixture of Stewart(if not at full back), Gold, Fosu, Jacobs, Bobby Linn, maybe even Patterson in midfield and Hilson up front. Maybe even try Isiaka at some point, or maybe we will sign a striker late in the week to start on Saturday, or maybe we won't.

But it's a funny old game, as Jimmy Greaves famously said, except it ain't that funny when your team is struggling at the bottom the table and finding it increasingly difficult to score goals and keep 11 players on the pitch. Still, you never know, we've got to get some breaks sometime.

1-0 either way.

I feel bad for saying this but I just cannot be bothered with Fosu starting until he’s proved himself a more. He’s not done enough to start for me. Shanks is probably similar to be fair but I think there’s potential there and the fact he’s young and our player for three years would always make me prefer seeing him play

Gaston

Oakley

Little

Hamilton

Hancock

Stewart

Tait

Jacobs 

Linn

Hilson

Shanks 

Think that’s what’s really quite frustrating. Last year I always felt like Bakare and Ford being in the squad were just a waste of time, they were never going to have any real impact in games.

I know we are missing 3/4 big big players (Allan, ToB and McKenna are arguably our best 3) but Fosu, Corfe, Isiaka and even Paterson, Shanks and Hilson to an extent are just not guys I have any real trust in and they are all at end of the park we are really struggling at. There’s Bakare and Ford vibes about the whole lot of them. They’re there but what are they actually / potentially contributing? Hard to pick that team above there and it really doesn’t look too great. 

We need more but we’ve filled up a lot of jerseys already so I suspect there’ll only be 1 and not sure it’ll be enough 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We need more but we’ve filled up a lot of jerseys already so I suspect there’ll only be 1 and not sure it’ll be enough 

Agreed one new (quality) signing won't be enough - we will need at least 2 signings.

A few injuries and suspensions and we are dependent on fringe players and youth development players - so think two further signings will be required.

Agreed one new (quality) signing won't be enough - we will need at least 2 signings.
A few injuries and suspensions and we are dependent on fringe players and youth development players - so think two further signings will be required.

Two strikers needed since we don’t seem to have one currently good enough for this league, unless Kareem is a big surprise.