RAITH ROVERS VS AYR UNITED

41 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

You must be absolutely raging that a player you have critised and chastised at every single opportunity has such an impact today.

Plenty to work on, but the effort was fantastic today.  That's the most pressing aspect.

No sorry I'm not raging as I'll always celebrate goals for us. I'll stick with what I've said, Connell is a poor signing  McBride is a poor signing.

Tell me Zanatta had more than one good game  infact he had several last season scoring some screamers. Did you rate Zanatta overall?

I was pretty vocal beforehand in saying that I thought if Gullan was missing and Connell started we would struggle. Therefore, I am fronting up and admitting I was categorically wrong. Connell did really well and occupied the Ayr centre halves. Took his goal well, too. Fair play 👏🏻 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

For Rovers the issues tend to start whenever Connolly and Millen get together. That's not to say Millen is good, but it strikes me that most of our issues start when him and Connolly need to communicate or try and link with each other. Think most of our goals have come from those two fucking up together. Individually fine, and Connolly is usually one of our better performers but the two of them together just seems to cause utter chaos.

30 minutes ago, renton said:

For Rovers the issues tend to start whenever Connolly and Millen get together. That's not to say Millen is good, but it strikes me that most of our issues start when him and Connolly need to communicate or try and link with each other. Think most of our goals have come from those two fucking up together. Individually fine, and Connolly is usually one of our better performers but the two of them together just seems to cause utter chaos.

Should we switch connilly to the left and see if someone else can work with Millen? He is the weakest link in the team but a wee change there might work. 

On 15/09/2022 at 16:22, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree with DD on this

To the game

Dont know where our goals will come from and with there no signs of a striker coming in its difficult to feel confident

Now I know,Connell,Stanton and Brown 😆

Connell did Musonda with a great turn and goal,hopefully he kicks on from here

Thought Nolan and O’Riordan played well and did a job on Akinyemi and kept him fairly quiet and Stanton was excellent  along with Connelly

Deserved  win and 3 points 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Didn't appreciate at the timd just how well Connell does for the 3rd goal, really well played.  Some fucking hit by Brown.

That's a cracking 2nd goal by Ayr also.  

How bad was Frankie though for our first goal 🤦🏻‍♂️ Great composure and finish by connell and agreed he was excellent for the 3rd

Tough game yesterday , we didn’t play well but we might have sneaked off with a point we didn’t really deserve . Too many below par performances from us . Fair play to Rovers the better team won . Look forward to December 3rd at our place , let’s see if we can correct ourselves for that game . 

Looked some match on the highlights really well worked goals and Connell did well with the first and the third. 
The pitch looks like it needs a good brush or a respray or something. 
Will the pitch not be due to have the top layer replaced in the next couple of years?