RAITH ROVERS VS AYR UNITED

What a shambles that second goal was - if you've not seen it then you're in for a treat. Would love to hear why we changed the back four after they were settled - one for Bullen to explain later on. 

We will need Akinyemi to pull us out a hole here, not played well at all.

Edited by Shibuya

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Run was always going to end at some point. If we can’t recover this then it’ll be Bullen’s biggest test of the season to see how to manages to the squad to bounce back. I’m not overly concerned that he rotated the defence. His reasoning for bringing Houston and Kirk in was that we were conceding too many goals and we had to freshen it up. The defence had been doing well recently but we’re still liable to give stupid goals away. Rudden and Muirhead both scored really avoidable goals against us.

Bullen will be relieved, I think. He always looks so uncomfortable being asked about how well the team is doing and what they might achieve.

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

What a shambles that second goal was - if you've not seen it then you're in for a treat. Would love to hear why we changed the back four after they were settled - one for Bullen to explain later on. 

Simply the fact that Stanton was the available scorer boggles the mind…I am quite looking forward to the highlights…for now.

Bullen will be relieved, I think. He always looks so uncomfortable being asked about how well the team is doing and what they might achieve.

This should temper expectations as there’s no doubt folk assumed we’d be carrying this form on. There’s a reason we were still desperate for recruits a few weeks ago. Get Mullin on for the second half to see what he can do although I’m not expecting anything from this game now.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This should temper expectations as there’s no doubt folk assumed we’d be carrying this form on. There’s a reason we were still desperate for recruits a few weeks ago. Get Mullin on for the second half to see what he can do although I’m not expecting anything from this game now.

O’Connor looks ok I’d take Mckenzie off and ashford and give the striker young and Mullen some time 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last season we drew a game from 4 up. You're still well in it.

Ayr haven't really made any attempt to get down the sides, which is undoubtedly where we're weakest, and Nolan/O'Riordan have marshalled Akinyemi well enough. You can see how dangerous he is, though, he's definitely got what it takes to succeed at this level. The big lads will do well to keep him quiet for the rest of the afternoon, so it's good to have the two goal cushion. 

I certainly didn't see us scoring twice before half time, but we've had a couple of other chances besides. Connell's fallen out of the game a little but Ayr aren't coping particularly well with the running from Ross, Connolly and Easton. 

Great composure and finishing for both goals, which is the most pleasing aspect. That's just now what I expected from this Rovers side. It looks like they've done a power of work in the break, some real improvements. Scott Brown, in particular, is doing much better taking the ball from the defence and getting it forward. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better. 

What a difference playing something other than 4-1-3-2 does for us. Connell looked ok up front, took his goal very well, shame he's on a yellow though. Connolly looks on a different level than he's been all season as well, still hilarious watching him try and run alongside or past proper sized players. Need to keep it up and above all, keep the head.