RAITH ROVERS VS AYR UNITED

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

We're still not used to such pessimism from the opposition. We've had 2/3 years of utter abject shite. I'm just going to enjoy this run while it lasts.

Prediction - 3-1 to Ayr. A brace for Dipo and 1 for Musonda. Some random to score for Raith.

That's generous to us.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

We're still not used to such pessimism from the opposition. We've had 2/3 years of utter abject shite. I'm just going to enjoy this run while it lasts.

Prediction - 3-1 to Ayr. A brace for Dipo and 1 for Musonda. Some random to score for Raith.

Result! We got pumped 0-4 last time Ayr visited. Rovers are on the up.

Regrettably, I'm going to have to join in with the pessimism. We just don't have a focal point for the attack. 

If Brad Spencer is fit enough to start, we'll have a much better balance through the middle of the park, but I expect we'll see a lot of fruitless passing around the edges of the box and very little penetration. 

We've got good technical players so I'm sure we'll manage to grind out a chance or two over the course of the game, but I heavily suspect we'll see a repeat of the recent pattern where we squander what few chances that we can scrounge, but we give them up too easily at the other end. 

If we can get through the game without massive individual defensive errors (Nolan at Thistle, Millen versus ICT) then we might pick up points, this isn't a catastrophically bad Rovers side, but it is missing key components that stack the odds against us. 

Ayr only need to be good to win. We'll need to be good and lucky. 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Please Raith fans, stop. Pessimism is the intellectual property of Ayr fans. Don’t make me phone a lawyer. 3-0 Raith. Just to balance up the conversation.

Erm, pessimism is real, Millen is a liability and nothing up front. If Ayr don’t win this then you don’t deserve to be top of the league.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Our only speedy choice starts on the bench…our catastrophically bad RB remains…single forward rides again, and that forward is one in name only…I said 0-4 early, I’ll stand by it.

That’s pretty much how I feel. I wish I didn’t have to feel that way. But….