RAITH ROVERS VS AYR UNITED

56 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Planning on a couple of stops pregame based on internet research - Foresters Arms in Aberdour and then the Crown Tavern in Kinghorn. Can any Rovers fans advise if these are still worth visiting?

Never been to Foresters but can highly recommend the Crown in Kinghorn.

Planning on a couple of stops pregame based on internet research - Foresters Arms in Aberdour and then the Crown Tavern in Kinghorn. Can any Rovers fans advise if these are still worth visiting?

Any information of this ilk can be obtained by communicating with our resident soak Zen Archer…..

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The Crown is a fine pub, so is the Auld Hoose which is just past the chip shop and down the hill there's a 2-minute walk between the two.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Both well worth the detour, probably better options than anything in Kirkcaldy.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Completely Raith reasoning, and also completely understandable. Respect!

Will be looking forward to seeing a question of the manager about Musonda , especially if he, as expected, strolls it.

Can we please stop talking Musonda up. Not because he doesn’t deserve it because he does but I have seen this movie before. Over and over.

I think Rovers fans seem to forget how poor Musonda was for us last season. I have no doubt part of it was down to McGlynn but he looked unfit, cumbersome and lazy at times. Had a very much "can't be arsed" attitude which was a shock as he was superb for us in his first season.

Glad to see he's picked up this season and it appears last season was a blip. He always seemed a good guy and the more I think about it his attitude was probably down to the atmosphere which had been created at the club last season.

As for the match it's the first time this season I've gone into a game with zero expectations. Ayr are flying so should win this comfortably. If our new 6ft8 striker gets his work permit then I'd given him a start along side Gullan and try something different as if we play the same way we have been trying the last few weeks it'll end in the same way. Not that we have been playing that bad but we just have zero cutting edge at the moment.

Just now, Ding Dang Doo said:

If our new 6ft8 striker gets his work permit then I'd given him a start along side Gullan

Looking at the size of him one stride will take him from one goalmouth to the other. Not played since July though.

Re Musonda. I always got the vibe he thought he was better than he was when with us and that we were a good stepping stone to a bigger club, possibly to the prem. In the end he's taken a side ways step to a team in the same league, of similar size and similar sized fan base. However there's no doubt Ayr are looking a much better team than us at the minute so maybe it was the right decision. I've no doubt if he does well at Ayr he might get the step up he wants. 

Musonda would easily be getting a game at both centre back and right back for us right now, and even left back would need a bit of a conversation. Letting him go was a mistake - we’ve made bigger ones over the years, but I’d rather he was in our team than Ayr’s on Saturday.

I have zero expectations of a result here. Even if we manage to score the first goal, Ayr are the only side to have won from behind in the league this season - and they’ve done it twice.

0-2.

The second half of last season it seemed from the outside looking in anyway that there was a real bad atmosphere about the place. Wether it was solely down to the January transfer we don't talk about or other things at plat it didn't seem a fun place to work. 

4 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I think Rovers fans seem to forget how poor Musonda was for us last season. I have no doubt part of it was down to McGlynn but he looked unfit, cumbersome and lazy at times. Had a very much "can't be arsed" attitude which was a shock as he was superb for us in his first season.

I don't agree with this at all. He didn't look as comfortable as his first season but he was also being shunted around into different positions. Fitness might've been an issue at the beginning when he was coming back from his injury, but I didn't see anything to suggest laziness or a bad attitude. 

I don't agree with this at all. He didn't look as comfortable as his first season but he was also being shunted around into different positions. Fitness might've been an issue at the beginning when he was coming back from his injury, but I didn't see anything to suggest laziness or a bad attitude. 

And that's what healthy debate is all about. I honestly thought I saw enough to suggest he really didn't fancy it especially from January onwards.

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

The second half of last season it seemed from the outside looking in anyway that there was a real bad atmosphere about the place. Wether it was solely down to the January transfer we don't talk about or other things at plat it didn't seem a fun place to work. 

Sorry to maybe invoke some bad memories/the present, what’s Goodwillie’s current status. I have lost track of this ‘story’. If it makes you feel any better, I thought Raith fans acted (on the whole) admirably and went up in my estimations.

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Sorry to maybe invoke some bad memories/the present, what’s Goodwillie’s current status. I have lost track of this ‘story’. If it makes you feel any better, I thought Raith fans acted (on the whole) admirably and went up in my estimations.

You,ve lost track!So have we although know hes still on our books.Whos paying his wages is anyones guess but looking at the squad we,ve assembled would suggest its affected our playing budget