RAITH ROVERS VS AYR UNITED

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Raith Rovers must have two cracking centre backs when they decided to let Musonda go

I already love the big Zambian Prince. 

Erm yeah about that.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

in fairness both lads we have got in are doing a good job. 

But yes releasing the "Zambian Prince" was not our finest move in an admittedly frustrating transfer window.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Raith Rovers must have two cracking centre backs when they decided to let Musonda go

I already love the big Zambian Prince. 

He’s not infallible and had a couple of complete howlers last season. He also spent a decent amount of time filling in at right back, where he was less than excellent, m that’s not his main position and not really his fault he was played there. I’ve heard fairly reliably McGlynn was wanting rid before Murray was on the scene so maybe a case of he was already looking away from Stark’s by the time IM was appointed and to be fair to Murray Berra (who decided to retire after this season had started) and Lang (when he’s fit) were both above Musonda in the pecking order. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at least the guys we’ve got at CB now seem to be doing a decent enough job.

He’s a great guy though and I wish him all the best, though not on Saturday. If he can go the rest of the season without getting injured I’m sure he’ll do well and get a move to a better side than Ayr, as he almost certainly would have done if he had stayed injury free in his first season with us.

Edited by Enigma

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

He’s not infallible and had a couple of complete howlers last season. He also spent a decent amount of time filling in at right back, where he was less than excellent, m that’s not his main position and not really his fault he was played there. I’ve heard fairly reliably McGlynn was wanting rid before Murray was on the scene so maybe a case of he was already looking away from Stark’s by the time IM was appointed and to be fair to Murray Berra (who decided to retire after this season had started) and Lang (when he’s fit) were both above Musonda in the pecking order. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at least the guys we’ve got at CB now seem to be doing a decent enough job.

He’s a great guy though and I wish him all the best, though not on Saturday. If he can go the rest of the season without getting injured I’m sure he’ll do well and get a move to a better side than Ayr, as he almost certainly would have done if he had stayed injury free in his first season with us.

I hope he has an amazing season too! We have him on a multi year contract so if someone wants to stump up decent money then that is only good news

Musonda has been a stick out for us this year, him and the boy from Arsenal can build from the back rather than the hoof up the park we have been used to. Big Dipo is a handful and we've yet to use the striker from Aston Villa. I would still settle for a draw in this match though.

48 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Everything is going well and this is a game we should be confident about getting a win, therefore we'll probably lose.

Completely Raith reasoning, and also completely understandable. Respect!

Will be looking forward to seeing a question of the manager about Musonda , especially if he, as expected, strolls it.

Real chance for Raith to improve the image their board/McGlynn built for them in recent times by ensuring they're not amongst the teams that blast out the English national anthem on Saturday, imo.

Raith 1-2 Ayr. Another tight away win I think, Raith haven't looked to clever but just have a feeling they'll nick one. Mullin and Dipo to score for Ayr.

Edited by AuAl